• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Underground Softball?

Started by AnarchoJesse, March 14, 2009, 12:57 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

AnarchoJesse

Spring and summer time are a-comin', and that means the weather will be nicer. I've been mentioning it in person for a while now, but I thought I'd bring it up now here: I think it would be great if we had our own little summer softball league-thing. Not like, all rulesy and shit, but just a game that Free Staters and Friends of the Free Staters alike could have on a Sunday afternoon followed by a barbecue at any number of the local parks. Hell we could even make a point of playing such games and having such barbecues in places where it is "forbidden" just to give it that Free Stater edge ;)

Kat Kanning

I bet we could dig up a Grafton team  :D

Coconut

I'm in for any outdoor things.

Unfortunately most "public" fields are "required" to "sign up" in advance to use them.

Or for a bunch of money we could sponsor/play a D league softball team in the city league. It takes dedicated organization though... and a few hundred bucks. Probably a little late to organize that for this year.

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

there are places in Keene that are unoccupied much of the time (high school and wheellock park)

we have an empty softball field in Grafton and of course our big enough field here at the field. I could go for one of those big softballs, so people don't need gloves and the field shrinks

We will also have ultimate frisbee, basketball, and capture the flag going all summer at Bob's Porcupine Recreation Area.

doobie

I'd join the "NH Open Carry Softball Team"

AntonLee

if each area of the state can get 9 people together, it'd be all on.

I'm down with being on a team, I need some exercise. 

Russell Kanning

ok ... we have our home field picked out in Grafton now we just have to get enough players
I will pick out a day when we can take on an "away" team. If the weather is lousy we can turn to rainy day activities in or out of doors :)

Maybe Jesse and the other Keeniacs can choose a location and date and some outsiders could field an away team. I am just betting Dale swings like a girl. (let the trash talk begin)

dalebert

Quote from: Scarface Kanning on March 15, 2009, 09:52 AM NHFTI am just betting Dale swings like a girl. (let the trash talk begin)

I was just about to say I throw like a girl. You beat me to it. I just know I'm going to be the last person picked, just like in school.  ;)

AnarchoJesse

I'm happy to see other people are enthusiastic about this :D

I'll see if I can't rally some interest in this tonight at Social Sunday. If anyone from neither the Grafton or Monadnock region are reading this, see if you can't dig up some support where you are. It'd be nice to have four, five, maybe six teams involved in this.

AntonLee

live from Animal Farm Field in beautiful downtown Grafton, NH

THE SCHISM SERIES!   The Anarchists versus the Politicos

Pat K

Free libertarian

I'm probably a little past my prime,  but what the heck I'd consider playing for the Grafton team.
I will now go to the fridge, grab a beer and commence procrastinating training to ensure maximum
muscle soreness should I make the Grafton varsity.  Tomorrow I will work on my spitting and sports cliches.       

Pat K

Quote from: Free libertarian on March 16, 2009, 08:43 PM NHFT
I'm probably a little past my prime,  but what the heck I'd consider playing for the Grafton team.
I will now go to the fridge, grab a beer and commence procrastinating training to ensure maximum
muscle soreness should I make the Grafton varsity.  Tomorrow I will work on my spitting and sports cliches.       

Yes -Yes you are past your prime. ;D

Don't forget to practice grabbing your crotch
along with the spitting.

I'M not gong to pretend to train.
I'M just gonna try out to be the backstop.

Russell Kanning

let me check my calendar for may .... hmmm