• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Didn't know where else to put this....

Started by AnarchoJesse, March 15, 2009, 12:01 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

AnarchoJesse

But the new Liberty Bunker is going to be housing 16 Free Staters and Friend of Free Staters. From what I've heard, this will be the largest congregation of marijuana loving, gun toting, FSP types living under one roof, which might just make it a priority for the local bureaucrats, which has somewhat put the fear of a raid in us. So, we're looking for something to serve as a "Panic Button" in terms of should this happen, we want to get the word out.

Our initial idea is maybe making a set-up where if we hit a "Panic Button" of sorts, it sends out a pre-recorded message to Porc-411 letting ya'll know what the deal is. We considered having a computer or phone set-up, but the problems with this are if (a) a computer is in the set up, should we lose power or internet, or not be able to reach it in time or have time to execute the "Panic", we're left hanging, and (b) the phone has somewhat the same issues. So we're trying to think of alternatives or possibilities that would make the phone or computer more viable.

AntonLee

first thing, rent Crocodile Dundee 2. . .fast forward to the part where he and the punks storm the evil mansion.  Then fast forward to the part where he gets up on the cliff and starts spinning some sort of instrument.  It makes a loud buzz sound that brings all the Aboriginies to his aid.

or you could rent Windtalkers.

other than that I hope you would call it something other than a "panic button". . it sounds so demeaning.  It screams wuss.  Call it a RED ALERT or something strong to go along with your strongly named Liberty Bunker.

I need to visit this place, and see the stories I hear.

AnarchoJesse

Quote from: AntonLee on March 15, 2009, 12:28 AM NHFT
first thing, rent Crocodile Dundee 2. . .fast forward to the part where he and the punks storm the evil mansion.  Then fast forward to the part where he gets up on the cliff and starts spinning some sort of instrument.  It makes a loud buzz sound that brings all the Aboriginies to his aid.

Paul Hogan will show up and personally kick ass with his Abbo friends? Where can I buy one?

Quoteor you could rent Windtalkers.

Who rents anymore? I'll pirate it.

Quoteother than that I hope you would call it something other than a "panic button". . it sounds so demeaning.  It screams wuss.  Call it a RED ALERT or something strong to go along with your strongly named Liberty Bunker.

I need to visit this place, and see the stories I hear.

I think "Panic Button" is totally appropriate, because if they come a-knockin' (down the door), this marijuana loving, gun toting FSP member will be a-shittin' his pants.

thinkliberty

I am not sure how technically capable you all are, but would have webcams that will upload/broadcast sound and video to an offsite server (or 3) when the panic button is pushed (maybe also a "rewind" is sent from the last hour of video and sound from when the panic button was pressed...)

just post on your property that video and audio recording may be in session at any time....

AnarchoJesse

Quote from: thinkliberty on March 15, 2009, 12:36 AM NHFT
I am not sure how technically capable you all are, but would have webcams that will upload/broadcast sound and video to an offsite server (or 3) when the panic button is pushed (maybe also a "rewind" is sent from the last hour of video and sound from when the panic button was pressed...)

just post on your property that video and audio recording may be in session at any time....

See though, this would mean I would have to be internet dependent, which is kinda what I don't want to rely on. Murphy's Law and all that.

thinkliberty

You can record locally and hope they not steal the evidence if you have no way of securing the data off site.

AntonLee

make up some weird disease and post that your building is a treatment center for it.  This has actually worked before, we called it an AIDS Treatment and Compassion Center.  No one ever bothered us and our rowdy drinking nights.

I'd be very interested into knowing how it is one does become independent of other companies (cable, directv, fios) in case of a shutdown.  Is there a way to stay online even if the "internet shuts down"

an FSP intranet?

Perhaps a setup like they had for the Kopbusters thing

thinkliberty

Quote from: AntonLee on March 15, 2009, 01:04 AM NHFT
I'd be very interested into knowing how it is one does become independent of other companies (cable, directv, fios) in case of a shutdown.  Is there a way to stay online even if the "internet shuts down"

I helped figure that out in 2000 we called it guerrilla net It's even more capable today with wireless routers that have open source firmware...

There are mirrors on the net that reference it still http://neworder.box.sk/newsread.php?newsid=1391 

A more modern name would be 'Wireless mesh network' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_mesh_network

dalebert

Well, whatever you decide, I suggest you post all your plans on the Internet in a publicly accessible place. Oh wait...

AnarchoJesse

Quote from: dalebert on March 15, 2009, 10:20 AM NHFT
Well, whatever you decide, I suggest you post all your plans on the Internet in a publicly accessible place. Oh wait...

It doesn't hurt to ask for suggestions on a public place, which is all I want right now.

Dave Ridley

i'd recommend ditching words like bunker and compound

AnarchoJesse

Quote from: DadaOrwell on March 15, 2009, 11:06 AM NHFT

It's a joke-- there is "Kanning Kastle", "PorcCentral", and "PorcManor". This is just an ironic nod towards the usual (mis)characterization of libertarians as being nutjobs muttering incoherent sentences about liberty while cleaning their rifle in their reinforced concrete bomb shelters in their backyard.

AntonLee

it's like um, reverse doublespeak. . .  I guess you'd be better off naming your place something having to do with something more mainstream like "Office of ___ ___ ____ ____ Affairs"

but I like the word compound, and I like the word bunker.  When I get a place I will be calling it the Leeway

Coconut

Quote from: DadaOrwell on March 15, 2009, 11:06 AM NHFT

Fine.

Liberty Pony Farm it is.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: AnarchoJesse on March 15, 2009, 12:01 AM NHFT
But the new Liberty Bunker is going to be housing 16 Free Staters and Friend of Free Staters. From what I've heard, this will be the largest congregation of marijuana loving, gun toting, FSP types living under one roof, which might just make it a priority for the local bureaucrats, which has somewhat put the fear of a raid in us. So, we're looking for something to serve as a "Panic Button" in terms of should this happen, we want to get the word out.

Our initial idea is maybe making a set-up where if we hit a "Panic Button" of sorts, it sends out a pre-recorded message to Porc-411 letting ya'll know what the deal is. We considered having a computer or phone set-up, but the problems with this are if (a) a computer is in the set up, should we lose power or internet, or not be able to reach it in time or have time to execute the "Panic", we're left hanging, and (b) the phone has somewhat the same issues. So we're trying to think of alternatives or possibilities that would make the phone or computer more viable.

This place sounds really cool, does everyone get their own room with a bathroom?   Can a couple kids/pets rent?   I can yell HELP real loud and you can ditch all of the panic button ideas!  :D