• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

are there any NH roads or highways where it is illegal to ride a bike?

Started by Dave Ridley, March 16, 2009, 03:40 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

doobie

Quote from: DadaOrwell on March 16, 2009, 03:40 PM NHFT

I don't know for sure, but my guess is 93 and the Everett Turnpike.

AntonLee

agreed, I would say at least 93, 95, Spaulding and Everett turnpikes.

Coconut

AntonLee

Russell Kanning

doobie

You'll piss people off with this on high speed roads:

Quote265:143-a Drivers to Exercise Due Care When Approaching Bicycle. – Every driver of a vehicle, when approaching a bicyclist, shall insure the safety and protection of the bicyclist and shall exercise due care by leaving a reasonable and prudent distance between the vehicle and the bicycle. The distance shall be presumed to be reasonable and prudent if it is at least 3 feet when the vehicle is traveling at 30 miles per hour or less, with one additional foot of clearance required for every 10 miles per hour above 30 miles per hour.

AntonLee

so if I accidentally hit a bicyclist and he dies while I'm driving 80 mph, is that the same as hitting a bicyclist at 30 mph and he dies?

D Stewart

Quote from: AntonLee on March 17, 2009, 02:29 PM NHFT
so if I accidentally hit a bicyclist and he dies while I'm driving 80 mph, is that the same as hitting a bicyclist at 30 mph and he dies?

Seems like the burden of proof might be substantially less, depending on the width of the road.

Pat K

Pat K

All the guys driving thought this was just fine.
Even on the highway, freeway, parkway, tollway etc etc

John Edward Mercier

Some leeway needs to be given to fellow travellers...
I would consider that one fine example.

KBCraig

Quote from: Pat K on March 18, 2009, 02:17 AM NHFT
Oh those fun loving Germans.

http://www.spiegel.de/video/video-34223.html

My very rusty German let me understand about a quarter of that... but 3/4 of what I understood were transmogrified English words.  ;D

But the Segway is a nice NH tie-in.  ;D

jaqeboy

Quote from: DadaOrwell on March 16, 2009, 03:40 PM NHFT

Contact the Dept. of Transportation and ask them: remember, being a small state, the  bureaucracy is easy to navigate around here and get the exact answer. In any case where you don't know who to call, call Governor Lynch's office at: 271-2121 - they'll send you to exactly the right person that knows.