• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Home School Physical Education Class Run by Free Stater

Started by Nautical Journal, March 17, 2009, 01:58 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Nautical Journal

Hello Liberty Lovers,

My name is Adam Waitt. I am a long time reader of NHFree forum even though I rarely post. I am a recent FSP mover to New Hampshire and work at the Tyngsboro Sports Center In Tyngsboro, MA (just over the boarder from Nashua).

Being a former home schooled student myself and becuase I recognise the difficulties parents can have in providing a proper physical education for their children; I have decided to start a "Gym Class" designed specifically for Home Educated students. It will be very simular to physical education offered at public/private schools but offerd at times that are convienient for home schooling parents.

The following is the official release notes for the program. I would appreciate any feedback. If you have any questions you call me at work at 978-649-9393 or you can find me at Taproom Tuesdays in Manchester.

PEP Home School Gym Class

The Tyngsboro Sports Center Physical Education Program (PEP) was created with goal of offering a complete, sports a fitness program for home schooled students. The program incorporates the fun, challenging, "lead-up" games as well as the scrimmages that are found in traditional physical education curriculums. The program are designed to promote physical fitness, to develop motor skills, to instill knowledge and understanding of rules, concepts, and strategies, and to teach students to work as part of a team, or as individuals, in a wide variety of competitive activities. This Physical Education program is designed specifically for Home Education students. Emphasis is placed on developing social skills in an athletic environment and encouraging participants to develop their skills in other, more comprehensive sports activities.

Each week the classes will concentrate on skills for a specific sport. Participants will progress through a sequential program starting with drills and games that will develop the basic skills needed for the respective sport. Each activity will build upon previous skill sets culminating with a scrimmage of the actual sport.

Participants are encouraged to wear comfortable clothing and sneakers. All other equipment will be provided.

Sports
Soccer
Baseball/Softball
Track & Field
Football
Volleyball
Badminton
Lacrosse
Tennis
Hockey
And more

Classes are an hour and a half long 1:30pm to 3:00pm.
There are 2 classes offered each week and the program runs for 6 weeks. (Week of March 30th to week of April 6th).  Three age specific classes run simultaneously for optimal scheduling convenience for families with multiple children. Ages 6-9, Ages 10-13, Ages 14+

For your convenience Tyngsboro Sports Center has put together two different packages to fit your schedule and budget.

2 classes per week for 6 weeks - $180
1 class per week for 6 weeks - $100

You can register online at www.tyngsborosportscenter.com

AntonLee

Kat Kanning

Keyser Soce

I miss playing volleyball. I'll have to see if I can schedule it in.

Did you make the counter move?

toowm

I'm not aware of any homeschoolers in Nashua on this board. You should contact the webmaster at http://www.nhhomeschooling.org/ who can share this with the local groups.