• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Cardboard Sled Race

Started by Jim Johnson, March 19, 2009, 01:15 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Johnson

Tom Sawyer

Russell Kanning

i have to object to running on cardboard on slush ... it seems too wasteful ;)

TackleTheWorld

I want to go!  Let's see, we'll need some silly costumes and a lot of cardboard.  How about a tall sailing ship called "Pirates Sans Pants"?

They have a prize for the best self destruction during the sled run.

Jim Johnson

Think Pirates with out pants.   :D

I have plans for a tall ship... I'll go dig for them.

We should also have card board treasure chests.

Tom Sawyer

Cool... well actually cold without pants. ;D

Jim Johnson

It's your chance to wear that kilt that you've always been afraid to wear. 

Russell Kanning

we could show up  with some extra cardboard or build a couple of props for you guys

Daien

Ah, this looks like fun! Alas, once again I'll be out of town...have fun!

Mike Barskey

Russell Kanning

we are taking our Grafton Welcome Wagon show on the road and will be at the bottom of the hill eating salad and grillin

Tom Sawyer

Got a chance to see the sled being constructed. Jimbo was waxing the bottom. William donated a pirate flag to go on it. Fun times ahead. :D

Mike Barskey

What time will people be at Mt. Sunapee? Their website says registrations start at 9:00a, judging of sleds will be at 12:30p, sleds must enter before noon, sleds must be at starting line at 1:15p, race begins at 1:30p, and i'm guessing the race lasts about 30-60 minutes(?).

Russell Kanning

We will try to be there by noon. Is anyone bringing a grill or should we try to bring one?

Jim Johnson

I'm portable grill less... I can bring my grill tool box filled with grilling accessories.  :)