• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Cardboard Sled Race

Started by Jim Johnson, March 19, 2009, 01:15 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Johnson

Lauren and I will be there 10:30 to 11:00ish.

Can anyone donate a helmet... of any kind?  We need three of them. 

...preferably ones with face guards... but any helmet will do.

Mike Barskey

Quote from: Facilitator to the Icon on April 10, 2009, 11:16 AM NHFT

I have 3 motorcycle helmets you can use, all with face shields. However, I'm not yet sure if/when I'll be there. If I can get these to you via a third party, you are welcome to use them.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Mike Barskey on April 10, 2009, 11:21 AM NHFT

I have 3 motorcycle helmets you can use, all with face shields. However, I'm not yet sure if/when I'll be there. If I can get these to you via a third party, you are welcome to use them.

Excellent...    ;D

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Mike Barskey on April 10, 2009, 11:21 AM NHFT

They don't have a sign on the back that says "pull me over" do they?  ;D >:D

Mike Barskey

Har har. :)

How am I going to get these to you guys? Is anyone from the Manch area going to Mt. Sunapee tomorrow that I could give them to?

Russell Kanning

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Mike Barskey on April 10, 2009, 04:15 PM NHFT
Har har. :)

How am I going to get these to you guys? Is anyone from the Manch area going to Mt. Sunapee tomorrow that I could give them to?

We can get helmets from the ski patrol if we can't get yours.  The helmets won't make or break the day.  :)

Kat Kanning

I can prolly bring a bike helmet.

Jim Johnson

Bike helmets are good.

We need two people to ride in the sled with Lauren... they will be glorified as Pilots... must be 18years old to ride this ride.

Kat Kanning

Becky Thatcher

Man, that was a blast.  The pres and I had a great time.  Jim and Lauren's pirate ship was too cool for school.  William had such a great time participating in this.  And, drum roll please.... The Pirate Ship Griffin took first place for coolest sled. (or words to that effect)  Much booty for all.  The pres came home and had some grog in his new glass. :icon_pirat:

It was fun partying with everyone and eating... of course... sausages on the grill.  Yar!!  :pirateship:   

Jim Johnson

Yea!  Woo-hoo!  We Win Best Art!

Thanks to all the crew:

Lauren
Abbi
Mike
Elizabeth
The President
Kat
Russell
Kira

Thank You for making it a great day!

Pat K

Russell Kanning

the ship didn't do so well going down the hill ... it turned around and slowed down
but it survived and we rode it down another hill a few times ... the kids thought it was great
mike and I tried to barskey the ship and rolled it ... but it survived

Mike Barskey

I had a lot of fun yesterday. Thanks for being so creative and talented so that there was something for me to watch! Next year maybe I'll even participate. :)

Quote from: Russell Kanning on April 12, 2009, 06:02 AM NHFT
mike and I tried to barskey the ship and rolled it ... but it survived

That ship is unbarskeyable!