• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

So my wife and I are moving to NH from PA - Looking into possibly the Keene area

Started by AnCapMan, March 22, 2009, 08:03 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

AnCapMan

So my wife and I have been debating over the last couple of months. And we have decided to "Just do it" - We would likely be moving as soon as April but, possibly not until December. I like the active activism in Keene but more than likely may have to work in Manchester as I doubt there are many jobs in Keene that would fit me. (My wife is an RN and can pretty much work anywhere).... All that to say: What is the job outlook like for Keene for someone with alot of Sales experience? Also what kind of time commute could I expect if I had to drive to manchester to work (I currently drive 1+ hour each way to my current job and would really like to have a shorter commute).

Additionally what is the hospital like in Keene for Mrs. AnCapMan? We may have her book herself as a Travel RN so as to have her company pay the rent and utilities. What kind of day care/pre-school is there for our 3 year old daughter? Is there an established base of people in the FSP who are in Keene who have little ones? If there are, are there any that offer reasonable babysitting or possibly even exchange babysitting (where we take turns babysitting). Again sorry for all the questions. I cant wait to get out there with you all and start raising some cain (not in a bad way but in a good non violent goal oriented way)... I am a self proclaimed AnCapist, but do not expect an immediate move to that system and therefore am willing to widdle the government down over time to where they are so uninvolved that no one will notice them, and then maybe in my daughters lifetime people will come to know government is not a necessary monopoly.. So call me the realistic AnCapMan.

A little about us. I grew up in San Diego, CA - Moved to a small town outside of Pittsburgh, PA after my wife and I got married. I started my career life out as a website developer until I moved to Pittsburgh, and couldnt find a job in that field so I have spent about 7 years now in Wireless Phone Sales, first for Verizon Wireless, then Cingular/at&t as a store manager, and now back to Verizon Wireless in National Consumer Sales.

My wife is an RN with 7 years experience. Spent all but 2 years of her life in the Suburbs of Pittsburgh. She beleives in the concept of liberty.

My daughter is a 3.5 year old with a great deal of experience in wrapping her daddy around her finger.

Thanks for the anticipated responses to my questions!

Kat Kanning

Commute to Manchester would be ~1hr 15 min but could be hairy in snowy weather.  Hospital in Keene seems pretty nice, but I've never been a patient.  Varrin and Edi Swearingen have little ones but homeschool, so might not have any input about daycare.  FTL Mark and Laura have a little one but I don't think they use daycare either.

Good luck!

jerry

If you lived in Grafton, the commute to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Hospital in Lebanon would be about 30 minutes.

George Donnelly

I was talking to some folks at the Liberty Forum who told me that Manchester is a good place for kids - lots of homeschooling groups and activities. I've got a 3 year old, so I'm probably moving to Manchester.

I'm also interested in Keene, but Manchester seems like an easier place to land.,

Kat Kanning

There were a couple of nice homeschooling groups in Keene...mostly younger kids.

Russell Kanning

manchester is good for kids .... like more cars to run them over?

depends on what sales job you want .... keene is just smaller than manchester ... not lacking sales jobs

I think it would be crazy to move to keene for activism and then drive to manchester for a job. If you found a job in Manchester you could join the activism there or Keene. :)

If you like Keene ... I am sure the hospital would be fine ... and you could look for a job there.

The big hospital is in Lebanon ... Keene is an offshoot.

FTL_Ian

You may want to look at the Jobs and Opportunities forum at the Free Keene Forum:
http://forum.freekeene.com/index.php?board=5.0

You'll find links to job website for Keene.

Wherever you end up, welcome!