• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Hold our own town hall meeting?

Started by Kat Kanning, August 16, 2009, 12:36 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

This article gave me an idea:

http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/20090815/ARTICLES/908159994/1177

These guys just held their own meeting when their politician didn't show up.  I was thinking that since we were denied a public meeting on the socialized medicine issue in Grafton, maybe we should just hold our own.  It could be filmed and put on the internet, and/or sent to the politician of your choice.  Maybe we could do it in the fire station?  What do you think?

Dave Ridley

dada epspecially like the idea of holding the town meeting at the time and roughly the place where all the rep "office hours" are being cancelled.

also this could become a sort of petition for redress of grievances type thing.

it will attract politicians i bet who want to get in front of the parade.

Russell Kanning

Pat K

MTPorcupine3

Awesome! How are we going to get people to the meeting?

Keyser Soce

Kat Kanning

MTPorcupine3

Word of mouth? Signs? Mailing invitation?

Kat Kanning

Those would work.  Maybe a notice at the Grafton store, or the fire station sign?

Sam A. Robrin

I love this idea, and if you'll post it on FreeKeene.com, I'll do what I can to stir up interest from this area.

Kat Kanning

Russell suggested we invite Obama and Shaheen and instruct them on how healthcare should be done.

Also for getting the word out, a sign or flyers at the dump or some such would help too.

Dave Ridley

there could be some raised eyebrows as a result of using a government building when some participants are voluntaryists.
on the other hand i admit having it there would draw more people...

Russell Kanning

How about you plan a very public, video recorded, town hall meeting and invite Shaheen and Obama to come and ask questions about your healthcare plan. If they don't show or send representatives, you can just talk amongst yourselves about your ideas and plans.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: DadaOrwell on August 17, 2009, 02:08 PM NHFT
there could be some raised eyebrows as a result of using a government building when some participants are voluntaryists.
i volunteer the town hall .... for a town hall meetin