• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

The S500 Mercedes Benz is for sale again.

Started by Lumpy, March 25, 2009, 01:39 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumpy

Since we are back in the free-er state I can reply to the calls again.

5k to porcs only and some (some) silver or hours are also acceptable and highly encouraged.
Email me for pics from fall when I parked it.  The car is in Keene currently as well.

Some particulars:  Gets a bit over 20 MPG, is silver on black leather.  6 disk CD changer, integrated phone (Cingular I think, I never use it anymore and it needs a battery anyway if you are going to take it out of the car).  If you step on the gas hard you can kiss that tank goodbye.  It flies because it was built for touring on the Autobahn.

Heated seats front and rear (as well as reclining in the rear).

Bose premium (if you can find better sound...  I'll call you a liar) audio.

Has a noise under hood that is supposed to go away (actually 2) but not mechanical, and it's time for rear shocks which will cost you about $500... no, I won't buy them for you...

Driven for two winters only (on Cape Cod).  Good luck finding rust.  This is before Chrysler bought them and ruined the quality of the parts.

This is a very good looking, reliable, solid car that has been gone through thoroughly. I can give you mechanics number on The Cape if you want to know more about its servicing.  It's a damn good buy if I do say so myself.

Now that is a realistic representation unlike the crap people say about their cars on Craigslist.  What the hell are they thinking?

AnarchoJesse

Almost all benz's are autos. I would be surprised if they ever made an S class in a manual.

Lumpy

Yar.  Andrew is correct.  Four speed with overdrive and anti-slip and speed sensitivity and bum rubbing.