• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Car Stealthing Business

Started by toowm, September 08, 2005, 12:15 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

polyanarch

Pat McCotter

It wasn't a single law in CT. Radar detectors were illegal for use in cars. The state did not prohibit their sales in stores. PA92-256 was the law that changed the use of radar detectors by making an exception to devices the commsioner can make rules about.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: polyanarch on September 10, 2005, 08:50 AM NHFT
Zig-Zag works fine.

As do Bamboo, but, when they shake you down they're drug paraphenailia :-X

KBCraig

Carry a pack of Bugler around with you.

(Just a tax protest note, for those of you who persist in smoking tobacco... roll-yer-own isn't taxed as cigarettes. Much cheaper!)

Kevin

mvpel

I'd like to figure out a way to mount a radar detector in my Honda Pilot without it interfering with the GPS antenna.  Currently if it's anywhere on the windshield, the Nav system loses all track of its satellites.

KBCraig

Quote from: mvpel on September 11, 2005, 08:48 AM NHFT
I'd like to figure out a way to mount a radar detector in my Honda Pilot without it interfering with the GPS antenna.  Currently if it's anywhere on the windshield, the Nav system loses all track of its satellites.

They do have remote units, where the antenna mounts behind the grill and the control mounts wherever it's convenient.

I haven't shopped for them, since I don't own a detector. The one time I used a borrowed one, I wound up getting a speeding ticket!

Kevin

FTL_Ian

Awesome idea for a business toowm.. I'd use you if I was up in NH.

Pat McCotter

Eli

This stuff works well, but turns an ugly tobacco yellow after about two months.  It's kinda obvious at that point.

Heyduke

kind of an odd concept

fwiw, NH State Troopers will openly admit to targeting out of state plates. 

i currently commute 100 miles/day up 93, and I set the cruise at 80 and drive through speed traps almost daily

got pulled over doing 90 through concord--and received a verbal warning

my stealth?  driving a pickup truck and not being an ass to the Trooper

ps--I believe they use X, Y and laser in NH--not sure though

mvpel

The town of Merrimack uses K band, and the Staties use Ka band.  I've never had a police-generated X-band hit, and  I've never had a laser hit in New Hampshire in the last 2.5 years, but I get them pretty routinely when I'm unlucky enough to have to drive in Massachusetts.

aries

Radar detector doesn't have to be hidden

"Laser Jammers and Radar Jammers are illegal in the states of Nebraska, Minnesota, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Virginia, Colorado, Illinois and Washington DC."

I think turning the lights green is a federal felony and a state one in most states.

Also I think a police scanner would be a good idea.

Pat McCotter

Quote from: aries on July 25, 2006, 08:50 AM NHFT

"Laser Jammers and Radar Jammers are illegal in the states of Nebraska, Minnesota, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Virginia, Colorado, Illinois and Washington DC."

I think turning the lights green is a federal felony and a state one in most states.

Jammers are transmitters. Laser/Radar detectors are receivers and probably what you are describing above? It is absurd for receiving of a signal to be a criminal act. Acting on the reception in a criminal manner is the criminal act.

aries

Quote from: Pat McCotter on July 26, 2006, 04:25 PM NHFT
Quote from: aries on July 25, 2006, 08:50 AM NHFT

Jammers are transmitters. Laser/Radar detectors are receivers and probably what you are describing above? It is absurd for receiving of a signal to be a criminal act. Acting on the reception in a criminal manner is the criminal act.

The site someone linked in this thread said that Jammers were only illegal in certain states. I though they were generally illegal everywhere but a few states like Alaska and Tennesee