• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Alternative cures that you find really helpful

Started by Raineyrocks, March 28, 2009, 01:03 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

I don't know if there was another thread like this, I can't seem to find it right now.   Are there things you use for colds, acne, weight loss, etc. that work for you instead of regular store bought items?

I know that Sambucol or Edelberry really helped me with what seemed to be the flu, it helped Rick and L. Ricky more because they started taking it right away before they got really sick.
Oil of Oregano really helped my scratchy throat.
Slippery Elm helps with our stomach illnesses.
Garlic and Apple Cider Vinegar helped me when I was taking it everyday. I never caught anyone's colds and felt great.  The bad thing is I feel a need for a cigarette after taking it.
Garden of life makes this stuff that clears out your sinuses and eyes, they feel tingly and clean after but I forget the name of them.

That's all I can think of right now.

Does anyone have anything that will help quitting smoking?  Yup, I started again after 6 months and want to quit again.   :P
How about the dry foot question again?  I've tried coconut oil and it helped for awhile but now it's not.
Does sticking to a strict amount of calories help with weight loss?  Green tea makes me feel jittery and I just can't seem to get back into raw foods again as much as I want to, I don't know why.   Is there some other kind of secret to fast weight loss?  I'd love to lose some before the summer and L. Ricky needs to drop a few pounds too.
Do you really think flouride helps strenghten tooth enamel and prevent cavities or is there something better?

coffeeseven

I highly recommend Enerfood or one of the knock offs like it for the immune system. I bought the Garden of Life product called Perfect Food. Same as Enerfood as far as I can tell. It's a green powder that tastes like................a green powder. You hear the Enerfood commercial on GCN. Chlorella, spirulena, kelp, barley, yada yada plus the one I got has veggies in it.

The label says not for kids but hey it helped my kids knock the fever / snot monster/ cough / sneeze that won't go away. Probably the best maintainence I could recommend for adults too. A little pricey at $45 but it works for our coffee klatch.

Pat McCotter

Quote from: raineyrocks on March 28, 2009, 01:03 AM NHFT
I know that Sambucol or Edelberry really helped me with what seemed to be the flu, it helped Rick and L. Ricky more because they started taking it right away before they got really sick.

My flu remedy is to climb into bed with as many blankets as I have and sweat it out. It always took just an overnight treatment. Also, I have never had a flu shot.

Honey.

Stomach issues never really bothered me to distraction.

Garlic and Apple Cider Vinegar helped me when I was taking it everyday. I never caught anyone's colds and felt great.  The bad thing is I feel a need for a cigarette after taking it.

So you are saying this is just like sex? ;D

I used to use apple-cider vinegar and honey. A book called Folk Medicine got me started on that.

Garden of life makes this stuff that clears out your sinuses and eyes, they feel tingly and clean after but I forget the name of them.

Prepared horseradish is my remedy for stuffed sinuses. Eating it, not snorting!

jerry

How about the dry foot question again?  I've tried coconut oil and it helped for awhile but now it's not.

You might try Bag Balm, the farmer's friend, manufactured by the Dairy Association in Lyndonville, VT since 1899.  A friend has had great results on his feet with it.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: coffeeseven on March 28, 2009, 08:15 AM NHFT
I highly recommend Enerfood or one of the knock offs like it for the immune system. I bought the Garden of Life product called Perfect Food. Same as Enerfood as far as I can tell. It's a green powder that tastes like................a green powder. You hear the Enerfood commercial on GCN. Chlorella, spirulena, kelp, barley, yada yada plus the one I got has veggies in it.

The label says not for kids but hey it helped my kids knock the fever / snot monster/ cough / sneeze that won't go away. Probably the best maintainence I could recommend for adults too. A little pricey at $45 but it works for our coffee klatch.

I have a couple containers of Garden of Life's Perfect Food, your right that stuff is great, you just have to make sure you have a napkin nearby or you'll have a green mustache.  I've even added spirulina to it, that was when I was doing more raw foods.   I guess I have to force myself back into that, thanks!  :)

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Pat McCotter on March 28, 2009, 09:39 AM NHFT

My flu remedy is to climb into bed with as many blankets as I have and sweat it out. It always took just an overnight treatment. Also, I have never had a flu shot.

QuoteI've never had a flu shot either, I just hate being stuck in bed but that's what I used to do as a kid and your right it works.  My mom used to give me toast and tea with some whiskey too

Honey.

QuoteNow, let's not start talking dirty here!  ;D

Stomach issues never really bothered me to distraction.

So you are saying this is just like sex? ;D

QuoteHa, ha! Nah, usually I'm too lazy to get a cigarette after.  :P

I used to use apple-cider vinegar and honey. A book called Folk Medicine got me started on that.

QuoteI've tried that before too and it helps me temporarily but it is about as good as cough medicine without the bad stuff.  :-\

Prepared horseradish is my remedy for stuffed sinuses. Eating it, not snorting!
QuoteThat is a great suggestion!  I like Wasabi mixed with a tiny bit of soy sauce too, that clears my sinuses right out.  :)

Thanks Pat!  :D

Raineyrocks

Darn it, I messed up the quote things again!  Sorry!  :duh:

Raineyrocks

Quote from: jerry on March 28, 2009, 10:28 AM NHFT

You might try Bag Balm, the farmer's friend, manufactured by the Dairy Association in Lyndonville, VT since 1899.  A friend has had great results on his feet with it.

Excellent, I will check into it, thanks!  :D

Raineyrocks

Has anyone done a liver flush before?   If yes, can you tell me how it went and how you did it?  I'm still smoking on it too but I figure it still should do some good, right?

Right now I'm trying this one where you drink apple juice and lots of water for 5 days, eat hardly anything and it has to be lukewarm temperature, no dairy, fats, animal, sugar so I'm not sure what to eat.  Then on the 6th day I actually do the flush with Epsom salts and olive oil. 

I'm doing a kidney and colon, (sorry, I know it's gross), flush with it too and they're just supplements so it's easier.  Should I be doing a parasite cleanse too?   Geesh, I thought fractions were difficult!

Raineyrocks

My liver flush experience was okay but what happened the next 3 days were really cool!

When I was halfway through the flush my eyes turned grey, then after the flush they were a really deep green for a couple of days, now they are back to their multiple hazel colors.   Weird, huh?

doobie

Quote from: raineyrocks on April 08, 2009, 11:39 AM NHFT
My liver flush experience was okay but what happened the next 3 days were really cool!

When I was halfway through the flush my eyes turned grey, then after the flush they were a really deep green for a couple of days, now they are back to their multiple hazel colors.   Weird, huh?

Interesting.... so you basically just drank water and apple juice for 5 days?  Feel any better?  What did you do when you felt hungry?  Did you find a no sugar added apple juice?  I wonder if it'll work with other fruit juices, suck as blueberry/grape?

Scott Roth

Did a liver and kidney flush 3 weeks ago...lost 6 pounds and feel great.  Lost no time doing anything.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: doobie on April 08, 2009, 02:12 PM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on April 08, 2009, 11:39 AM NHFT

Interesting.... so you basically just drank water and apple juice for 5 days?  Feel any better?  What did you do when you felt hungry?  Did you find a no sugar added apple juice?  I wonder if it'll work with other fruit juices, suck as blueberry/grape?

Hey Doobie!  :D    I ate really lightly, like a bowl of grits and some soup for about 4 days and drank apple juice and water, lots of it.  I don't feel any better so I probably need to do another one, the book I have says that sometimes 10-12 are needed to start feeling better.  ::)   I just starved when I felt hungry.  Yup, no sugar in the apple juice.  The reason for the apple juice is because it contains malliac acid, (sp?), and that softens your gallstones for the day of the olive oil/epsom salt and grapefruit juice flush.  That's the "real" day of the flush, then I just rested for a day after.  Your also supposed to do a colon flush so nothing gets stuck. :P

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Scott Roth on April 08, 2009, 04:39 PM NHFT
Did a liver and kidney flush 3 weeks ago...lost 6 pounds and feel great.  Lost no time doing anything.

Show off!  ;D   No, seriously I'm glad that it worked so well for you.  Right now I'm taking this kidney cleanse stuff every night, I'm supposed to do it for 6 weeks.   I hated being so hungry before the flush.  The flush wasn't so bad and the olive oil stuff wasn't that bad, that's right I drank epsom salt too, I think a couple of times a day before the flush.

My problem was that I didn't continue eating healthy after the flush, 2 days after I had pizza.  :P

K. Darien Freeheart