• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Alternative cures that you find really helpful

Started by Raineyrocks, March 28, 2009, 01:03 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Kevin Dean on April 10, 2009, 03:32 PM NHFT
Coltsfoot is useful for coughs.

Aww, the poor baby horse, what are you supposed to do with his foot?

K. Darien Freeheart

QuoteAww, the poor baby horse, what are you supposed to do with his foot?

It's an herb.

bigmike

While not a cure, Ferrofood is an excellent iron supplement that helps to keep you warm in the winter. 2 per day if you're a male, 3 if you're female until you don't realize the cold temperatures as much. Begin again once you start noticing the cold. This saved my housemates and I about $30 less than we would have spent on the gas bill each month to heat the house.

For those who decide to quit smoking I highly recommend Cyruta, 5 with morning meal and 5 with dinner. Combined with 3 in the a.m/3 in the p.m of Porphyra-Zyme for a 4-5 month period is the equivalent of a quadruple bypass.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Kristie on April 17, 2009, 02:57 PM NHFT
Neti pot.  I will never take a decongestant/cold pill again if I can help it.

Dry lavender from the garden and steep it into tea.  Works great for tummy aches, nausea, and anxiety freak outs.  I do the same with dandelions...pick them, wash them, dry them and steep them.  The leaves make a nice mild tea and are great for PMS-y puffiness, and are loaded with potassium. 

Thanks, I'll have to check that out and try it!

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Kevin Dean on April 17, 2009, 08:33 PM NHFT
QuoteAww, the poor baby horse, what are you supposed to do with his foot?

It's an herb.

I know, I was just messing around!  ;D

Raineyrocks

Quote from: bigmike on April 17, 2009, 09:46 PM NHFT
While not a cure, Ferrofood is an excellent iron supplement that helps to keep you warm in the winter. 2 per day if you're a male, 3 if you're female until you don't realize the cold temperatures as much. Begin again once you start noticing the cold. This saved my housemates and I about $30 less than we would have spent on the gas bill each month to heat the house.

For those who decide to quit smoking I highly recommend Cyruta, 5 with morning meal and 5 with dinner. Combined with 3 in the a.m/3 in the p.m of Porphyra-Zyme for a 4-5 month period is the equivalent of a quadruple bypass.

I checked these out, my only problem is I have difficulties taking anything 3 x a day and at different intervals, it seems neat though.  I like Guggul, it helps keep me warm and I have cayenne pepper stuff that's suppose to clear your arteries but I have to take it 3 x a day and never do.  :P

bigmike

Yeah, it takes some discipline. I slack some days too ::)

Raineyrocks

Daniel Bryant

I'm not sure if this really classifies as alternative but I've found that snorting a saltwater solution is the best thing to get rid of a sinus infection.

Recumbent ReCycler

I've read that some people smoke coltsfoot as a tobacco substitute.
I've found that Turmeric helps to reduce the severity of allergies.
I've found that Pepsi One helps to soothe canker sores.
Real black licorice helps to soothe an upset stomach.
Hot peppers, such as habanero can help to clear sinuses and numb sores (after the initial burning sensation).

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Daniel Bryant on April 28, 2009, 04:35 PM NHFT
I'm not sure if this really classifies as alternative but I've found that snorting a saltwater solution is the best thing to get rid of a sinus infection.

Sure it classifies as alternative and I think it works good too, thanks!

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Recumbent ReCycler on April 28, 2009, 06:26 PM NHFT
I've read that some people smoke coltsfoot as a tobacco substitute.
I've found that Turmeric helps to reduce the severity of allergies.
I've found that Pepsi One helps to soothe canker sores.
Real black licorice helps to soothe an upset stomach.
Hot peppers, such as habanero can help to clear sinuses and numb sores (after the initial burning sensation).

I like Wasabi sauce, it clears my sinuses right out but it burns.