• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Any hunters among us?

Started by KBCraig, November 16, 2005, 06:31 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

citizen_142002

I bought a bear tag the other year, but I honestly never devoted the time to it. They are only $5. Or at least they were, I think they may have gone up to $15.

I'd be willing to go with someone this year. I hear bear is OK, a lot like pork. I only tried it once, and I have to say the meat is pretty average, but there is something about bagging a bear that appeals to me. I might only do it one time, but I'd still like to say I got one.

I grabbed a Moose Lottery application. It's $10 to enter plus $100 if you're sucessful. I think I'll do it this year. The application must be postmarked by May 25. A Free Stater pictured over a Bull Moose would be anice photo. Plus think of all the meat you could bring to Porcfest '08.
The Moose hunt is 9 days Oct 20-28. There is a bonus point system for repeat unsucessfuls, if you miss your chance this year, next year you will be entered twice, then thrice etc.

Tom Sawyer

Just so you know Nick I've started a program called "The Right to Arm Bears"...

So be careful you never know if Yogi and Boo Boo will return fire...  ;D

They killed Nick!

Lloyd Danforth

Jared

i hunt in south berwick, maine. i'm hoping to start hunting in nh next year, it's just that i've been hunting in maine near my father's house for years (it's where i grew up) and i know all the in's and out's of the area.  i'll be honest, i don't even know a decent place to GO in nh right now (at least not anywhere near the seacoast).

JellyFish

Quote from: Malsem on September 19, 2006, 06:51 AM NHFT
Wow.  You guys are so enveloped by the point that you're missing it.

There is no harvesting.  There is no culling.  There is no land control, population control, zoning, overpopulation, encroaching development in Nature. These are all concepts developed by modern humans to try to control something that cannot be controlled.

It's all tied in and very much a part of the system, run by a government that is not directly vested in the welfare of Nature beyond financial venue.  All of these things stem from society.  It is due to human intervention--and plain stupidity--that the populations were nearly eliminated only within the past 200 years are now outweighing carrying capacity of the environment that we keep mucking with.  Kind of like our own population.

Like I said, if you're a hunter/sportsman, you support the government.  You support the destruction of land and wildlife (masked by patches of "preservation-" and "conservation-"labeled cash-cows), and you support a cultural ignorance that treats life as a commodity.  You're claiming in words that the government sucks, but then you're quite willingly supporting it in your actions and philosophy.

KBCraig, if you're thinking that the type of weapon is the determining factor of understanding the deeper levels of taking another's life, then you are not at all understanding the point.  It's kind of like getting something for your mother for her birthday.  You could either have your secretary purchase something and have it delivered; you could go buy a pre-made card and scarf; or you could carve her a beautiful something (or whatever your art may be).

The first is going to the grocery store: disconnected from the act altogether, yet reaping the benefit.  The second is hunting with technology and lack of need for skill or spiritual investment.  The third is investing your spirit, your heart, into the endeavor because you care.

-M

Welcome to my ignore filter. Bye, bye!

Pat McCotter

Ummm... Did you see the date on the post? The last time Malsem was active was Sept '06.

PowerPenguin