• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Bad news for RecumbentRecycler!

Started by jaqeboy, December 01, 2009, 10:37 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

jaqeboy

Tim called today - says he got a job in the upholstery shop. He's finished re-upholstering a chair and they took photos of it for his portfolio - said he did a good job of it. He says he works in there 6 or 7 hours a day when he only has to work 3 - he wants to learn to get good at it.

He can upholster/re-upholster a chair for someone on the outside, but we don't have the details yet on where you'd have to drop it off. Might have to be all the way up in Berlin.

He plays cards some and some chess, though he doesn't own a chess set - he has to borrow someone's set to do that. Needs $$ to buy one from an approved supplier. Also he's working on getting money together for a TV. Max size they're allowed is 13" - he says they get a lot of channels.

Maybe several of us could get our visitor status approved and make a road trip of it and visit on the same day.

Heatman

Talked to Tim yesterday.  I told him that I had been in touch with his friends on different web sites.  He asked me to tell you guys that he loves you and misses seeing you at the different events/protests.  Feel free to send him a letter in the mail.  Any articles that might interest him would be appreciated.  His address is: 
Timothy Logsdon #84576
138 East Milan Rd
Berlin, NH 03570
If you would rather send an e-mail, send it to me at HVAC-EMT@msn.com and I will print it out and mail it for you with the letters I send him.  Include a phone number and/or address if you would like to hear back from him.   

jaqeboy

I talked to Tim today and he says he got into the HobbyCraft shop and can make woodworking projects (They don't let them work with too much metal!). Things he makes in this shop can be sold at the prison store (Correction Creations ?) in Concord. His first project is a cribbage board. He says he plans to start making wooden flutes. He can use catalogs of interesting hardware and small parts, so if you sign him up for catalogs, he'd appreciate that.

He says he'd love to get some tracings of porcupines to put onto different items, or to inlay into things. He'd love to make a porcupine inlaid 1911 grip.

If you have woodworking projects you'd like to have Tim make for you, send him the plans and he can have them delivered to the store for you to pick up, or he can have them shipped to you.

VampireZIM

I am talking to Tim right now, he is asking if Free Talk Live is broadcast over shortwave or other method for which he could pick up in jail.  He has tried to access it from radio without success and is wondering if he was able to get a shortwave radio, if someone isnt already broadcasting, is they have the ability to broadcast, if they would be willing.

jaqeboy

A couple of funny, yet black, things that Tim said: "I always wanted to live close to work" and "It's nice to have all these tools available."

Tim has learned of some plans out there for a foot treadle scroll saw, designed by Rick Hutcheson and available from Meisel Hardware Specialites for $19.99, meiselwoodhobbies.com. This would be a good gift for someone to send him. He says the 8.5 X 11 page size limit would probably be waived if the plans come directly from the supplier. IE, he thinks you can't order the plans and have them sent to yourself, then mail them in to him (if they are larger than the allowed size). OR... maybe if you add "Hobby Craft" to the address line, it would get through. He also mentioned that the Hutcheson scroll saw plans might be online somewhere.

jaqeboy

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on March 09, 2010, 10:44 AM NHFT
http://www.meiselwoodhobby.com

http://www.meiselwoodhobby.com/Products/ViewProduct.aspx?ID=12521&Path=63

Yeah, Tom, that looks like what he's talking about. Tim also requests catalogs of hardware, like Rockler, and any hobby projects. He'd especially like solar projects to do like solar ovens. He thinks some of those would sell in the prison store. But he can also make them for someone who wants to re-sell them and pay him for his work - believe it or not, that's all legal. I mean, he can essentially run a small woodcrafts manufacturing biz from inside and the money goes into his prison account.

jaqeboy

PS: Timo mentioned that the plan books, like these:

http://www.meiselwoodhobby.com/Products/ViewCategory.aspx?ID=41414

might be a better purchase, since they probably carry lots of plans for close to the price of one set of plans. One of these books would be nice gift for Tim. I know he didn't have a very good Christmas, so if we wanted to do a Christmas in March for him, there's a gift idea for you.

He hasn't been outside in a while, but Tim's looking forward to venturing out when the weather's warmer and clear.

He will be getting out (sort of) today and tomorrow - his final divorce hearing is tomorrow in Dover and they'll transport him down (he thinks) to Strafford County for an overight tonight and into court (Dover Superior?) tomorrow. If anyone would like to see Tim, you could tomorrow in court, but probably wouldn't get to talk to him.

jaqeboy

I thought about Tim and his plight on his first anniversary day, 4 December, but, of course, couldn't call in to him.

Got a call from him 2 days ago and he seems to be doing okay. He says he's making wooden bowls in the craft shop as gifts for people. Postage costs are always an issue, so please consider mailing him in a money order for his costs and for commissary expenses for general things. Please also remember him with Christmas (/holiday) cards, just so he knows he's not forgotten.

He's going to start making recorders in the craft shop soon. Again costs incur for the wood itself, as he has to buy specialized woods for things like that from the outside.

He always wants to hear news from the outside and he likes articles and things like that, but they have to be loose pages, no more than 10 pages per envelope (so try to copy on both sides of the pages).

That's all from Milan Road, Berlin for now.