• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Anarchists the new Bugaboo?

Started by Kat Kanning, April 01, 2009, 12:21 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

John Edward Mercier

I don't think they are really anarchists... more in love with the concept.

AnarchoJesse

Quote from: John Edward Mercier on April 04, 2009, 09:51 PM NHFT
I don't think they are really anarchists... more in love with the concept.

I don't think Anarcho-Capitalists are really anarchists... more in love with the concept.

John Edward Mercier

Agreed.
Capitalism would revert to mutualism outside the structured nature of governance.

BillKauffman

Quote from: John Edward Mercier on April 05, 2009, 01:22 PM NHFT
Agreed.
Capitalism would revert to mutualism outside the structured nature of governance.

+1...right on!

freeman4liberty

Quote from: AnarchoJesse on April 04, 2009, 02:30 PM NHFT

I take particular issue with this, as I consider myself a left anarchist. Left anarchists have since the foundations of classical Anarchism opposed violence and vandalism as a means to achieve their goals. Bakunin (whom most of these anarchists take much of their philosophy from) decried wanton violence against the State as terrorism, which only serves to turn the uninformed masses against the cause. Of course, it should be clearly pointed out that he had no problem with armed revolution, which I don't think any of us really oppose if it came down to it. Goldman plainly stated that (paraphrasing) "violence should not be used because those who know best how to use violence are already in league with the State", or put plainly, we can't beat them at their own game and we would only be stooping to their level.

Now, that said, this entire thread bugs the shit out of me. You're all so quick to classify AnComms and AnSynds as "the bomb throwers", when the reality is that "the bomb throwers" are a fringe of our further Left brethren in and of itself. As far as I can tell, most of the people who have posted in here are guilty of trying to create a rift that shouldn't fucking be there. What ever happened to Anarchism Without Adjectives? Who gives a fuck about economic preference within the context of anarchism?

All of this denial of them being "real anarchists" has started to get to me lately. They're just as entitled to the tradition as we are, even if some of them don't see it that way (and lord knows it goes the other way as well).

Thank you for your comments. 

Kat Kanning

I think everything would be fixed if we could just define our terms.  What we need is some good anarchist word-smithing.  Once we get a strict definition of what an anarchist is and isn't, then we can convince everyone else to be an anarchist.  Simple!  A perfect anarchist mission statement!  Who wants to write one?  No wait,  we need to have a vote to see who's pure enough to write one!

Lloyd Danforth

I know pat K loves Mission Statement stuff

Kat Kanning

Maybe PatK can be the Official Underground Mission Statement Wordsmith.  He does have a flair with language.

John Edward Mercier

I just find it hard to reason that the entire crowd would be of one concept.

antijingoist

Quote from: Kat Kanning on April 06, 2009, 08:51 AM NHFT
I think everything would be fixed if we could just define our terms.  What we need is some good anarchist word-smithing.  Once we get a strict definition of what an anarchist is and isn't, then we can convince everyone else to be an anarchist.  Simple!  A perfect anarchist mission statement!  Who wants to write one?  No wait,  we need to have a vote to see who's pure enough to write one!

Perhaps we could do the reverse, and start redefining statist terms and get everyone all confused... Like, calling ourselves republicans, and trying to convince everyone that republicans are anarchist :)... (maybe easier with democrats).

Capricious

Pat K

Quote from: Kat Kanning on April 06, 2009, 10:45 AM NHFT
Maybe PatK can be the Official Underground Mission Statement Wordsmith.  He does have a flair with language.

Yeah and maybe you and Lloyd can go jump
in the really  cold stream water.

Caleb

i agree with jesse. i don't understand why people want to create division among people who mostly agree with you.  :-\

Caleb

lol.  I nominate Menno.

Pat K

Quote from: Caleb on April 06, 2009, 08:24 PM NHFT

lol.  I nominate Menno.

Whoa big west coast slap down!