• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Anarchists the new Bugaboo?

Started by Kat Kanning, April 01, 2009, 12:21 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

Quote from: Pat K on April 06, 2009, 08:32 PM NHFT
Quote from: Caleb on April 06, 2009, 08:24 PM NHFT
I nominate Menno.

Whoa big west coast slap down!

I think our favorite commie just said that Big Hair beats Big Belly!  :o

Pat McCotter

Point of Order!

I haven't heard a motion to nominate yet! You can't be making nominations until someones moves to make a nomination!

It's right there in Robert's Rules of Order! I think! I've never read it! Haven't even seen it! But I've heard everybody say so! Everybody! In every meeting I've been in! "Nobody has made a motion! Somebody needs to make a motion!"

Go to a meeting! You'll hear them!

dalebert

We need an anarchy purity test like those tests that ask you all the kinds of sex you've had and drugs you've tried.

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Pat K on April 06, 2009, 06:51 PM NHFT
Quote from: Kat Kanning on April 06, 2009, 10:45 AM NHFT
Maybe PatK can be the Official Underground Mission Statement Wordsmith.  He does have a flair with language.

Yeah and maybe you and Lloyd can go jump
in the really  cold stream water.

See!!  Such flair!  Such pizazz!

antijingoist

freeman4liberty

Quote from: Caleb on April 06, 2009, 08:23 PM NHFT
i agree with jesse. i don't understand why people want to create division among people who mostly agree with you.  :-\

Because the other person's views are not well understood.  I have talked to people who are on the left and are close to anarchist, and they don't seem like they can explain their positions well.  Perhaps when I make it to New Hampshire Jesse and I could have coffee and I would gain from his perspective.  As long as a person rejects harming peaceful people, or their property, through direct action or action through the state, I would consider that that person and I are on the same team. 

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: dalebert on April 07, 2009, 07:46 AM NHFT
We need an anarchy purity test

Some of these posters are coming dangerously close to an anarcharrest on charges of orderly conduct!

Kat Kanning

BillKauffman

QuoteAs long as a person rejects harming peaceful people, or their property, through direct action or action through the state, I would consider that that person and I are on the same team.

Well all of the hyphenated anarchist's divisions hedge around one singular issue that you seem to so cavalierly assume in your above statement...

What is property and how is it JUSTLY derived?

That is it in a nutshell...

The left-anarchists questions how private property and a market system can lead to EQUAL freedom.
The right-anarchists question how private property and a market system doesn't lead to freedom and necessitate that equality and freedom have to be traded off against one another.

freeman4liberty

Bill, I would say that the state is a human institution.  In the same way I would say that property rights are a human institution.  I reject the first human institution and I accept the second.  I am open to ideas, I have questions.  I would prefer to talk in person, and I won't be up there till July/Aug. 

BillKauffman

Quote from: freeman4liberty on April 07, 2009, 11:48 AM NHFT
Bill, I would say that the state is a human institution.  In the same way I would say that property rights are a human institution.  I reject the first human institution and I accept the second.  I am open to ideas, I have questions.  I would prefer to talk in person, and I won't be up there till July/Aug. 

By accepting the second you are assuming that non-proviso Lockean property right are justly derived.

Others - like me - believe that in a so-called anarchist/non-proviso Lockean society the landowner is just a "state" with rules and taxes who uses force UNJUSTLY upon those they exclude or contract with.

So narrowly constituted governance as legitimate non-arbitrary, authority JUSTLY uses defensive force to insure those excluded by exclusive use have their right of self-ownership upheld.

This is Nockian "anarchism"...

John Edward Mercier

Wiki-'There exist many theories. Perhaps one of the most popular was the natural rights definition of property rights as advanced by John Locke. Locke advanced the theory that when one mixes one's labor with nature, one gains ownership of that part of nature with which the labor is mixed, subject to the limitation that there should be "enough, and as good, left in common for others."'

Can I ask what the difference that Nock proposed?

BillKauffman

Quote from: John Edward Mercier on April 07, 2009, 12:48 PM NHFT
Wiki-'There exist many theories. Perhaps one of the most popular was the natural rights definition of property rights as advanced by John Locke. Locke advanced the theory that when one mixes one's labor with nature, one gains ownership of that part of nature with which the labor is mixed, subject to the limitation that there should be "enough, and as good, left in common for others."'

Can I ask what the difference that Nock proposed?

With the wiki entry?

Nothing...

John Edward Mercier

I thought maybe Nock dealt with duration such as matters of estate or abandonment.

nemoslaw

I watch the mind bots on TV basically say that everyone who goes against the grain is an anarchist, I prefer rebelrouser. The mind bots don't even know that the kerchiefs are used to deflect a pepper spray attack tsk tsk.
  My favorite anarchist are the French anarchist maybe if the people in this country grabbed some balls we would have some of the same benefits that they do, not to mention when they strike a rally the cops get hurt, haha 77 to be exact. Sorry I know that's the evil thinking of an oppressed mind, but I know I can say it and be ignored, but at least get it of my chest.
  I respect how this group deals with civil disobedience, you have taught me to be good when irritating the fuzz, In the past I would just tell them off the usual fascist stuff, however I have been watching the Ridely report and I enjoy the stumped looks on the cops faces, like your not giving them the reaction that they want LOL, and the cops look baffled. God bless (or what ever Deity you subscribe to) your hearts.