• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

St. Louis TSA detains liberty activist

Started by djbridgeland, April 01, 2009, 03:30 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

djbridgeland

I was watching Freedom watch today, and they interviewed a Campaign for Liberty worker who had been detained trying to leave St. Louis after last weekend's CFL conference in St. Louis.  The TSA was integrating him about the cash he had on hand, and who he worked for.  He refused to answer their questions except for the information on his ID.  After about 10 minutes of him refusing, the TSA threatened to take him downtown to be questioned by the DEA.  Then they made fun of him by calling him a child because he was stating that he didn't understand their questions.  Just before they took him downtown an FBI agent showed up and released him.  I'll try and find the archive and post it.

Kat Kanning

I expect they'll be putting people like us on the no-fly list soon.

Giggan

Quote from: Kat Kanning on April 01, 2009, 07:07 PM NHFT

Yeah, bummer. And they like plucking DLs for whatever reason these days too.

coffeeseven

We're not already?

Pat McCotter

thinkliberty

The TSA should be very suspicious about a guy that has 4700 dollars. How could anyone have that much money left over after paying taxes?

Anyone with any amount of money in America must be dealing drugs or be up to something evil maybe they even held a bake sale without a permit.  They should be questions by the gestapo and detained. Maybe even burned in an oven at a later date.

Sam A. Robrin

And if you have no flies on you, you'll have nothing to worry about . . .

KBCraig

Follow-up:

http://www.examiner.com/x-536-Civil-Liberties-Examiner~y2009m6d19-TSA-sued-over-suspicionless-detention-of-political-activist

But the TSA never backed down from the idea that carrying cash is enough reason to detail travelers or corrected its agents' refusal to answer Bierfeldt's pointed but polite questions about the legitimate scope of their authority. That suggests that the practice will continue, moderated only by the occasional apology directed to politically connected victims. That's not enough for Bierfeldt.

KBCraig

A hilarious (not!) explanation by "Blogger Bob", TSA's official smiley face:

http://www.tsa.gov/blog/2009/06/st-louis-incident-update.html

The blog commenters are merciless.  ;D