• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Census Civil Disobedience

Started by bigmike, April 04, 2009, 05:57 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

AntonLee

the census is magical.  If you fill it out it means your schools get more money.  I didn't even know I owned a school.  Where do I sign up   ;D

EthanLeeVita

I've always wanted to own a school and develop my own curriculum...

Ogre

You know, I have honestly tried to start my own school (here in NC). The state told me that if I did, they would arrest me, because I was not smart enough to run a school. You see, I didn't have the official state piece of paper that said I was smart. Oh, I have a master's degree, and almost a PhD, but that doesn't matter -- I don't have a state degree in school administration, so I'm not smart enough to teach anyone anything (except at private colleges).

On topic, I got my census form today. I answered question 1, the number of people in my house, and sent it back today. I do hope a census worker comes to my door...

EthanLeeVita

I wasn't considering getting their permission. Whats stopping me is more interest, unsure how to organize it, and start-up cash.

littlehawk

To Whom it May Concern,

Pursuant to Article I, Section 2, Clause 3 of the Constitution, the only information you are empowered to request is the total number of occupants at this address. My "name, sex, age, date of birth, race, ethnicity, telephone number, relationship and housing tenure" have absolutely nothing to do with apportioning direct taxes or determining the number of representatives in the House of Representatives. Therefore, neither Congress nor the Census Bureau have the constitutional authority to make that information request a component of the enumeration outlined in Article I, Section 2, Clause 3. In addition, I cannot be subject to a fine for basing my conduct on the Constitution because that document trumps laws passed by Congress.
Interstate Commerce Commission v. Brimson, 154 U.S. 447, 479 (May 26, 1894)
"Neither branch of the legislative department [House of Representatives or Senate], still less any merely administrative body [such as the Census Bureau], established by congress, possesses, or can be invested with, a general power of making inquiry into the private affairs of the citizen. Kilbourn v. Thompson, 103 U.S. 168, 190. We said in Boyd v. U.S., 116 U. S. 616, 630, 6 Sup. Ct. 524,?and it cannot be too often repeated,?that the principles that embody the essence of constitutional liberty and security forbid all invasions on the part of government and it's employees of the sanctity of a man's home and the privacies of his life. As said by Mr. Justice Field in Re Pacific Ry. Commission, 32 Fed. 241, 250, 'of all the rights of the citizen, few are of greater importance or more essential to his peace and happiness than the right of personal security, and that involves, not merely protection of his person from assault, but exemption of his private affairs, books, and papers from inspection and scrutiny of others. Without the enjoyment of this right, all others would lose half their value.'"
Note: This United States Supreme Court case has never been overturned.

Respectfully,

rmodel65

this is how to do your census.....Christopher Walken FTMFW

SNL Christopher Walken | SPIKE

Ogre

That was absolutely hilarious.

lildog

Quote from: KBCraig on March 16, 2010, 06:31 AM NHFT
The form we may or may not have received yesterday is covered with a big promise and assurance that the information collected can't be shared with anyone else, including law enforcement agencies. So, it would be impossible to prosecute without breaking the law that requires confidentiality.

Technicality but it wouldn't be sharing "information collected" if they notified the law enforcement about someone who refused to submit.

Russell Kanning

now i am thinkin we just wait until someone comes out and we video record the interview

maybe if i give the right answers we can get our own school building

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Friday on March 15, 2010, 02:43 PM NHFT
I received a letter from the U.S. Census Bureau, informing me that they're going to be mailing me the U.S. Census.  Gotta love that government efficiency.   ::)

I'm still considering what I'll do with the census when I receive it.  Some ideas are:

1) let my cat Tommy eat it (he loves window envelopes  :D )
2) burn it
3) line catbox with it
4) wipe bum with it
5) form paper boat out of it and sail it down the Piscataquog River
6) return it marked only with the number of people who reside in my household
7) return it marked with an imaginary number of people who reside in my household

:D Great ideas, Friday!   This census lady came out to the house while I was sick and my daughter answered the door, I told her not to get too close to me or she would catch what I had.   It was funny because she got so nervous and just laid it down by the front door and quickly left after telling me it was due in by April 1st.  I ignored her and have been using the envelope, (I won't even open the stupid thing), for a notepad.  :)

Scott Roth

Lloyd Danforth

We need to start a 'Pledge' thingy.

......and solemnly swear that if 20,000 other victims agree to do the same, I promise to shred my Census form at High Noon  on April 1, 2010.......

Russell Kanning

Kat Kanning