• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Census Civil Disobedience

Started by bigmike, April 04, 2009, 05:57 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat McCotter

thinkliberty

Census worker knocked on my door again to day, I didn't open the door for them.

I told them I was not interested again. They yelled through the door that unless I told them what they wanted that they would be back.

I told them I was not interested in participating and asked them not to come back.

Door to door religious zealots are annoying. Statist are worse than the Jehovah Witness

Jim Johnson

Quote from: thinkliberty on May 25, 2010, 08:21 PM NHFT

I told them I was not interested again. They yelled through the door that unless I told them what they wanted that they would be back.

I told them I was not interested in participating and asked them not to come back.

Door to door religious zealots are annoying. Statist are worse than the Jehovah Witness

You will be saved... one way or another!

Russell Kanning

I want my promised school building and door to door bus service!

Tim L

The census woman went to the neighbors to get info on me.He wanted to help ,but he just couldn't remember anything.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: Tim L on May 26, 2010, 08:29 PM NHFT
The census woman went to the neighbors to get info on me.He wanted to help ,but he just couldn't remember anything.

That is still likely enough.  If he just said how many people lived where you live on April 1st, that is more than enough info.

Kat Kanning

"We're not living, we're zombies."

KBCraig

I didn't notice who wrote this until I went back to copy the URL. Irony.

http://blogs.ajc.com/bob-barr-blog/2010/05/26/census-workers-can-enter-your-apartment-in-your-absence/

Census workers can enter your apartment in your absence
6:00 am May 26, 2010, by Bob Barr

Thousands of census workers, including many temporary employees, are fanning out across America to gather information on the citizenry.  This is a process that takes place not only every decade in order to complete the constitutionally-mandated census; but also as part of the continuing "American Community Survey" conducted by the Census Bureau on a regular basis year in and year out.

What many Americans don't realize, is that census workers — from the head of the Bureau and the Secretary of Commerce (its parent agency) down to the lowliest and newest Census employee — are empowered under federal law to actually demand access to any apartment or any other type of home or room that is rented out, in order to count persons in the abode and for "the collection of statistics."  If the landlord of such apartment or other  leased premises refuses to grant the government worker access to your living quarters, whether you are present or not, the landlord can be fined $500.00.

That's right — not only can citizens be fined if they fail to answer the increasingly intrusive questions asked of them by the federal government under the guise of simply counting the number of people in the country; but a landlord must give them access to your apartment whether you're there or not, in order to gather whatever "statistics" the law permits.

In fact, some census workers apparently are going even further and demanding — and receiving — private cell phone numbers from landlords in order to call tenants and obtain information from them.  Isn't it great to live in a "free" country?

Russell Kanning

KBCraig

Raineyrocks

Quote from: thinkliberty on May 25, 2010, 08:21 PM NHFT

Wow, the yelled through your door and said that?  >:( I'm thinking maybe my approach of trying to help expand their awareness of stuff by talking nicely to them but also refusing to comply will probably be a waste of time.  No one has back yet either but I'm sure they will.  :-\

Raineyrocks

Quote from: KBCraig on May 27, 2010, 07:31 PM NHFT

http://blogs.ajc.com/bob-barr-blog/2010/05/26/census-workers-can-enter-your-apartment-in-your-absence/

Thousands of census workers, including many temporary employees, are fanning out across America to gather information on the citizenry.  This is a process that takes place not only every decade in order to complete the constitutionally-mandated census; but also as part of the continuing "American Community Survey" conducted by the Census Bureau on a regular basis year in and year out.

What many Americans don't realize, is that census workers — from the head of the Bureau and the Secretary of Commerce (its parent agency) down to the lowliest and newest Census employee — are empowered under federal law to actually demand access to any apartment or any other type of home or room that is rented out, in order to count persons in the abode and for "the collection of statistics."  If the landlord of such apartment or other  leased premises refuses to grant the government worker access to your living quarters, whether you are present or not, the landlord can be fined $500.00.

That's right — not only can citizens be fined if they fail to answer the increasingly intrusive questions asked of them by the federal government under the guise of simply counting the number of people in the country; but a landlord must give them access to your apartment whether you're there or not, in order to gather whatever "statistics" the law permits.

In fact, some census workers apparently are going even further and demanding — and receiving — private cell phone numbers from landlords in order to call tenants and obtain information from them.  Isn't it great to live in a "free" country?

This is just so wrong and pisses me off.  What can't people get fined for anymore? >:(

thinkliberty

Quote from: KBCraig on May 27, 2010, 07:31 PM NHFT

Thousands of census workers, including many temporary employees,

They left out sex offenders and rapists.

MaineShark

I told him, "I don't want to talk to you."

He asked a couple questions, to which I replied, "I don't want to answer that" or, "that's none of your business."

He attempted to justify himself (the usual stuff about representatives in Congress and Federal money being given to NH), and I told him, "I don't care" to each.

He paused at that point, so I said, "you're blocking my driveway; please leave."

He said he would be back.  I told him my answers wouldn't change.

He hasn't been back, so far.  I think he probably would, if I'd expressed anger towards him.  He seemed like he was looking for an excuse to be confrontational.  I don't think he knew how to respond to someone just answering his Federal bribe offers with, "I don't care" - I expect they're trained in how to deal with folks who give them angry responses about Federal pork and such, but responding to apathy isn't in the manual, so he just went into pause mode at that point.

Joe