• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Census Civil Disobedience

Started by bigmike, April 04, 2009, 05:57 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FreelanceFreedomFighter

Quote from: KBCraig on June 26, 2010, 02:29 PM NHFT
Gee, those census workers who keep getting turned away should use some initiative and creativity, like these guys.

:rofl:

AntonLee

Visit Number 3 from Senseless workers.

:opens door: (I'm in my underwear,  :puke:)

"Hi I'm from the US Census Bure..." shows his little messenger bag
"Yeah, you know let me ask you. . . do you make good money?"
"Not bad, I just have..."
"So they spend a lot of money sending you guys up here huh?"
"Well yes, that's why you should answer these few questions..."
"Sorry, but for every dollar that dipshit US Government spends sending you up here to get no answers from me is a dollar they can't spend killing brown people in other countries"

after a few seconds of anticipated perplexion on his face I smiled and said, as I usually do:

"have a nice day"

and closed the door.

Russell Kanning

jerryswife

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9GOUPK80&show_article=1

Trespassing case going to court, of course it was a cop who called his buddies to arrest the census worker, probably wouldn't work for the rest of us.

Russell Kanning

highline

Quote from: jerryswife on July 05, 2010, 11:30 AM NHFT
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9GOUPK80&show_article=1

Trespassing case going to court, of course it was a cop who called his buddies to arrest the census worker, probably wouldn't work for the rest of us.

Cops HATE being the ones to be subjected to authority.

I've thought for a long time that police should be subjected to mandatory drug testing.  I can hear the unions whining about the "invasion" of their "privacy."

lildog

Quote from: AntonLee on June 28, 2010, 10:55 AM NHFT
"Sorry, but for every dollar that dipshit US Government spends sending you up here to get no answers from me is a dollar they can't spend killing brown people in other countries"

You assume that the government's spending has limits similar to the rest of us.  While we have fixed incomes which limits how much we can spend, government can just print more money or spend money it doesn't have as evident by the level of deficit spending we've seen over much of our lifetimes.

If government wants to hire thousands to knock on your door every day and at the same time spend billions blowing up brown people they'll spend on both.

Heck, I would love to see the day in my lifetime when the government is at least reeled in to the point of having to pick one wasteful program over another instead of just tossing money as if it doesn't matter.  At least that would be a step in the right direction of cutting them back.

AntonLee

I can see why you think that I would believe that the government has a finite bank account, based on what I said to the bureaucrat. . .but I'm on the same page as you really.  I was positioning my arguments towards someone who believes government is good and great and does awesome things all the time, on a limited "budget". 

I only say that because I saw an interview on the Daily Show where a census top level bureaucrat was speaking about how "if people just sent in all their forms, it would save the government money", which it would, but it doesn't really matter to them at all.  The bureaucrat is another story, he might actually believe that his government needs to restrict itself to a budget, since it's just like us with limited monies.

Either way, at this very moment, they were spending money on coming to see me.  I feel good about having wasted that money of theirs even if they can just (and do) print the crap out of it anyways.  Eventually, you'll have hyper inflation and people will really see the effects their government has on the money supply.

Pat McCotter

Quote from: AntonLee on August 04, 2010, 11:35 AM NHFT
Eventually, you'll have hyper inflation and people will really see the effects their government has on the money supply.

But to those people it isn't the government causing the problem, it is "somebody else" like bankers or illegal immigrants or welfare cheats. The government needs to crack down on those people and everything will be fine.

AntonLee

well there will always be idiots.  Some will believe that aliens are increasing the money supply too

Russell Kanning

we had a census guy stop by the construction site
he got an answer of "no one here is interested in talking with the government" by one or more people
i didn't talk with him
he just wrote down the answer .... maybe he is getting it often :)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: lildog on August 04, 2010, 10:39 AM NHFT
Quote from: AntonLee on June 28, 2010, 10:55 AM NHFT

You assume that the government's spending has limits similar to the rest of us.  While we have fixed incomes which limits how much we can spend, government can just print more money or spend money it doesn't have as evident by the level of deficit spending we've seen over much of our lifetimes.
every government in the history of the world has had limits to it's money and power
their limit might not be reached in your lifetime, but I think this empire will have to downsize or die in my life

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: AntonLee on August 04, 2010, 04:45 PM NHFT
well there will always be idiots.  Some will believe that aliens are increasing the money supply too
I'm think'in  that a couple of Extraterrestrials in my employ could increase my money supply.

AntonLee

nice, will you let me borrow them?

Free libertarian

The Census guy was at my house at least twice and left those cute little, "give me a call thingys" pieces of paper.   One of his papers was left INSIDE my house, right  on the kitchen floor, just inside the door.   Not cool at all.  I put a no trespassing sign out on my welcome mat,  the next form was left outside.  He hasn't been back to my knowledge,  because of my somewhat remote woodsy locale, I'm thinking a bear ate him.  I like bears.