• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Census Civil Disobedience

Started by bigmike, April 04, 2009, 05:57 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Helwig

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on April 10, 2009, 04:24 PM NHFT
The goal is to have the GPS location of the front door of every residence in america...

That's one of the things I like about Little Minnesota: we don't have a "front door", just some doors around the house. It confuses the heck out of some people.

Back in Minnesota when they did the last sheep count, they came to my door. I just yelled out the bathroom window (where they couldn't see me to identify my race) "1".

violence

the last census thing i got on my door, i threw it into the street. its their paper not mine

KBCraig

Congresswoman refuses to complete census forms:

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/jun/17/exclusive-minn-lawmaker-fears-census-abuse/

Wednesday, June 17, 2009
EXCLUSIVE: Minn. lawmaker vows not to complete Census

Stephen Dinan

EXCLUSIVE:

Outspoken Republican Rep. Michele Bachmann says she's so worried that information from next year's national census will be abused that she will refuse to fill out anything more than the number of people in her household.

In an interview Wednesday morning with The Washington Times "America's Morning News," Mrs. Bachmann, Minnesota Republican, said the questions have become "very intricate, very personal" and she also fears ACORN, the community organizing group that came under fire for its voter registration efforts last year, will be part of the Census Bureau's door-to-door information collection efforts.

"I know for my family the only question we will be answering is how many people are in our home," she said. "We won't be answering any information beyond that, because the Constitution doesn't require any information beyond that."

Shelly Lowe, a spokeswoman for the U.S. Census Bureau, said Mrs. Bachmann is "misreading" the law.

She sent a portion of the U.S. legal code that says anyone over 18 years of age who refuses to answer "any of the questions" on the census can be fined up to $5,000.

The Constitution requires a census be taken every 10 years. Questions range from number of persons in the household and racial information to employment status and whether anyone receives social services such as food stamps.

Mrs. Bachmann said she's worried about the involvement of ACORN, the Association of Community Organizers for Reform Now, in next year's census.

"They will be in charge of going door to door and collecting data from the American public," she said. "This is very concerning."

ACORN has applied to help recruit workers to help conduct the census. Republican lawmakers and some public interest groups have expressed concern over their involvement.

ACORN staffers have ben indicted in several states on charges of voter registration fraud stemming from the organization's efforts to register voters last year.

Mrs. Bachmann, who is in her second term in the House, has become a lightning rod for criticism from Democrats and liberal talk show hosts for her unapologetic conservative views.

She said she considers that "a badge of honor."

"It's clear when a person speaks out against those policies they become a target, and that should be concerning to everyone," she said.

Pat McCotter

QuoteShelly Lowe, a spokeswoman for the U.S. Census Bureau, said Mrs. Bachmann is "misreading" the law. She sent a portion of the U.S. legal code that says anyone over 18 years of age who refuses to answer "any of the questions" on the census can be fined up to $5,000.

The United States Code and the Code of Federal Regulations is the Law! The Constitution is not the law!

And don't forget that the "owner, proprietor, manager, superintendent, or agent of any hotel, apartment house, boarding or lodging house, tenement, or other building" must "furnish the names of the occupants of such premises" or face a fine!

The Law says so! Obey the Law!

Ogre

Anyone want to bet that this representative somehow never gets a long form census form? I am sure the census people will just ignore her and hope she goes away.

CJS

I think there is only one form this time around , not sure if it is as encompassing as the "American Family Survey"

http://2010.census.gov/2010census/about_2010_census/007622.html

BTW The wife and I decided this will be our first act of C/D , something we can do no matter where we are living .... we also thought this would be fun after we move  >> http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=14132.0

Russell Kanning

Quote from: bigmike on June 14, 2009, 07:03 PM NHFT
A friend of mine said Glen Beck had a woman on his show that said the fines could reach up to $5000 for not complying, but a census worker told her they don't have the resources to go after people for the fines.
the TSA used to send me fines .... i have never paid ... and last month they said i wasn't in their database ... so i guess you can slip  through their cracks

liftsboxes

Feel free to spread the word ...

"Census 2010 will be illegally trespassing on your property to take GPS coords" on The Survival Podcast Forum. To view it, please click this link:

http://thesurvivalpodcast.com/forum/index.php?topic=5017.0

My forums name is the same there as here.

violence

you have to register to view that forum. copy and paste it here

liftsboxes

Quote from: violence on June 28, 2009, 01:26 PM NHFT
you have to register to view that forum. copy and paste it here

I'm happy to do that, but do you really want me to copy and paste an entire forum thread into this one?

John Edward Mercier

Why wouldn't they just use the E-911 records from each municipality?

KBCraig

Quote from: John Edward Mercier on June 28, 2009, 03:08 PM NHFT
Why wouldn't they just use the E-911 records from each municipality?

What, and miss the chance to spend millions employing thousands of bureaucrats to meaninglessly duplicate existing work?

You must misunderstand the whole "stimulus" thing.

John Edward Mercier

So much information that they don't have a clue :D

vexer

What about the idea that the more you know about an area's population,
The better you can plan for it's needs?

You need to know how many school kids are in an area, to plan schools, busses. Old people, health care. Traffic, police, Etc.

In most countries, a Census is an essential civil planing tool.

By resisting a census, you're resisting better civil planning.

I just hope you then don't complain about bad government civil planning.

Pat McCotter

Replace planning with a free market. Much more fair and efficient. Everybody gets what they want at a price they are willing and able to pay. Nobody is forced to pay for something they don't need or want.