• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Census Civil Disobedience

Started by bigmike, April 04, 2009, 05:57 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

a radio ad also told me that if i don't fill out the census, then how will they know how many buses to use in my town
so I am going to ask for free bus service on slab city road too
maybe I can volunteer how many pots we have, so they will know how many chickens to order from Tyson

Lloyd Danforth

We should just double the number of buses in town

Friday

Quote from: Friday on March 27, 2010, 07:35 PM NHFT
-- not only did they lock up Americans of Japanese ancestry and steal their assets during WWII (which I remember learning about at school, or Pearl Harbor, or somewhere), they locked up Americans of Italian and German ancestry, too!  I always wondered why they *didn't* do that; now I realize they did and just didn't mention it to us in school.  I'm currently checking with relatives to see if anyone in my own family was locked up during WWII.
Got this info from my uncle:
"...a sister of the paternal grandmother of your Dad and I was visiting Italy when the war broke out and could not leave.  She blended into her former home town and became a member of the underground, assisting downed British and American flyers as I recall the story.  The authorities went looking for the "American" woman and never found her."   :icon_pirat: 

Pat K

You know Russell they lie at the end of
every census radio add. They state this
add was paid for by the office of US census.
Oh really? Were they holding bake sales and
having car washes? It was paid for by money
taken at gun point, from tax payers.

Lloyd Danforth

It 'may' be paid for by your grandchildren while a gun is being held to their head.

Raineyrocks

I just saw that I only made double comments, I never even signed the pledge yet until today!  :BangHead:

I thought that my comments went under my signature, duh!  :P

freeman4liberty

Quote from: 
http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Rural+areas+can+expect+census+takers+at+door&articleId=7b3b4531-229f-4517-8622-c47ff38ce2e5

In the 2000 Census, the overall count and response rate in New Hampshire was 71 percent. The national rate was 72 percent.

Well New Hampshire was below the national rate.  Wait how did they count the people they didn't count to get a percentage. 

Ogre

Census attempt #2:

After sending back my form a week or two ago with just the number of people in the house, today I received a second census form. The second is identical to the first, except with new threats:
A few weeks ago, the US Census Bureau sent your household an official 2010 Census form. U.S. law requires you to respond. If you have not yet responded, we encourage you to do so immediately.

Return your form today. This is your last chance to respond by mail before a Census Bureau Representative contacts you.

Later in the note, it says that I should only respond once. Therefore, this one heads to the trash.

I really do not want to deal with a census person who comes to the door, but I suppose I should prepare myself. Now I have to decide if I should just be rude and refuse to answer and additional questions or if I should prepare a set of absolutely outrageous answers...

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: Ogre on April 01, 2010, 12:27 PM NHFT

I really do not want to deal with a census person who comes to the door, but I suppose I should prepare myself.

Keep a pie tin and a can of whipped cream by the threshold . . .

Ogre

Interesting idea, but one that I'm quite sure would end up in a felony charge of assault on a federal officer or some such thing. :(

Tom Sawyer

We had fun last time... engaging them in conversation.

"So... you're out cataloging america."

"I'll tell you the number of residents and that's it."

"You'll probably now go see if you can get our neighbors to tell you the other noisy things you want to collect on us."

"How's it feel working for big brother?"

"You realize that the government used census data to round up Japanese Americans to take their property and put them in camps."

Well you get the gist of it.  ;D

Russell Kanning

that second letter sure sounded like a threat

i am sure the person that visits next will not be a jack booted thug, so maybe have fun with them or discuss how much you don't love big brother.

i wonder if down the road they just give up and go with the info they can find from neighbors or if they are going to get more serious

Lloyd Danforth

"Wall, I looked down Hoyt  and saw fawty, fifty caars!"

FreelanceFreedomFighter

Quote from: KBCraig on June 19, 2009, 11:50 AM NHFT

Shelly Lowe, a spokeswoman for the U.S. Census Bureau, said Mrs. Bachmann is "misreading" the law.

She sent a portion of the U.S. legal code that says anyone over 18 years of age who refuses to answer "any of the questions" on the census can be fined up to $5,000.

The Constitution requires a census be taken every 10 years. Questions range from number of persons in the household and racial information to employment status and whether anyone receives social services such as food stamps.

Here is the Census Law: 13 USC Sec. 221

TITLE 13 - CENSUS

CHAPTER 7 - OFFENSES AND PENALTIES

SUBCHAPTER II - OTHER PERSONS

Sec. 221. Refusal or neglect to answer questions; false answers

(a) Whoever, being over eighteen years of age, refuses or willfully neglects, when requested by the Secretary, or by any other authorized officer or employee of the Department of Commerce or bureau or agency thereof acting under the instructions of the Secretary or authorized officer, to answer, to the best of his knowledge, any of the questions on any schedule submitted to him in connection with any census or survey provided for by subchapters I, II, IV, and V of chapter 5 of this title, applying to himself or to the family to which he belongs or is related, or to the farm or farms of which he or his family is the occupant, shall be fined not more than $100.

(b) Whoever, when answering questions described in subsection (a) of this section, and under the conditions or circumstances described in such subsection, willfully gives any answer that is false, shall be fined not more than $500.

So... It should be obvious from this that Ms. Census, Shelley Lowe, is full of it... The fine is not $5000, but only $500 if you LIE! It is only $100 if you refuse to answer.

The Constitution, which trumps ALL laws of Congress, says that you only have to give a number. Please read: http://www.thepriceofliberty.org/greenslade.htm

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: FreelanceFreedomFighter on April 06, 2010, 02:57 PM NHFTIt should be obvious from this that Ms. Census, Shelley Lowe, is full of it... The fine is not $5000, but only $500 if you LIE!

And what, I might well ask, is the fine if a census worker lies?

That's what I thought . . .