• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Census Civil Disobedience

Started by bigmike, April 04, 2009, 05:57 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Pat K

Friday

The census lady finally caught me at home (and if she'd been 5 minutes later, she would have missed me, 5 minutes earlier, I'd have been out in the yard with no clothes on).  The first thing she said was "is this 155 Irving dr."?    :duh:  Uh, no ma'am, no it's not.  Delay while she gets her head out of her bum and the correct paperwork out of her car.

I told her I'd identify myself and provide the number of people who live at this address, and said I didn't wish to answer the rest of the questions because they're unconstitutional.  There were no threats, justifications, she even said "Feel free not to answer the rest of the questions."  I said "That'll do it."  She said "OK.  Have a nice day!"   :hello:

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: Friday on May 30, 2010, 10:57 AM NHFT
The first thing she said was "is this 155 Irving dr."? 

Census workers get Enumerator Questionnaires.  It includes questions to ask people and that is part of the first question.

Friday

Quote from: Fluff and Stuff on May 30, 2010, 12:50 PM NHFT
Quote from: Friday on May 30, 2010, 10:57 AM NHFT
The first thing she said was "is this 155 Irving dr."? 

Census workers get Enumerator Questionnaires.  It includes questions to ask people and that is part of the first question.
But that's not my address.  Not even close.

Jim Johnson

They ask a question that they know is wrong to see how you answer?

Russell Kanning

maybe she was flustered because she had been there 5 minutes before and didn't know how to react

Pat McCotter

Quote from: Russell Kanning on May 31, 2010, 01:27 AM NHFT
maybe she was flustered because she had been there 5 minutes before and didn't know how to react
:o :blush:
;D

Friday

Quote from: Russell Kanning on May 31, 2010, 01:27 AM NHFT
I think we've reached a critical mass where we need a mowing-the-lawn-nekkid emoticon. 

Becky Thatcher

Quote from: Friday on May 31, 2010, 09:32 AM NHFT
I think we've reached a critical mass where we need a mowing-the-lawn-nekkid emoticon.

Amen, sister!!!  ;D ;D

Lloyd Danforth

At Last!!  Becky has an excuse, now!

TackleTheWorld

Ogre

And how about this reaction to census workers? Have them arrested by the local police for trespassing. Now that's how local government SHOULD work. Sadly, it will just end up spending millions in taxpayer dollars as the government fights the government now...

KBCraig

Quote from: Ogre on June 01, 2010, 03:19 PM NHFT
And how about this reaction to census workers? Have them arrested by the local police for trespassing. Now that's how local government SHOULD work.

It never would have happened if the property owner hadn't been a cop.

Ogre