• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Legal separation/divorce

Started by Kat Kanning, April 09, 2009, 04:26 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

That Declaration of Separation thread gave me an idea - what do you think about getting on film:  Someone goes down to county court and files for legal separation or divorce, with the other party being the government?

Mike Barskey

Pat K

Quote from: Kat Kanning on April 09, 2009, 04:26 PM NHFT
That Declaration of Separation thread gave me an idea - what do you think about getting on film:  Someone goes down to county court and files for legal separation or divorce, with the other party being the government?

Be careful! They just might grant you a divorce.
With you paying alimony, child support, cost of the court.

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Pat K on April 09, 2009, 05:13 PM NHFT
Quote from: Kat Kanning on April 09, 2009, 04:26 PM NHFT

Be careful! They just might grant you a divorce.
With you paying alimony, child support, cost of the court.

Eeek!

J’raxis 270145

I seem to remember Rev. Ryan having an idea to do this at some point, at PorcFest or similar. Have a mass divorce, followed by a mass private marriage ceremony.

(He's an actual reverend so he wanted to officiate over the private marriage ceremonies.)

Fluff and Stuff

I thought divorce took a year up here like in so many other states?  Those folks would need to start the separation now and wait til Porcfest 2010.

John Edward Mercier

Depends on whether its amiable.

Most marriages are private ceremony... its the marriage contract that is public in most cases.

Kat Kanning

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on April 13, 2009, 12:13 PM NHFT
I seem to remember Rev. Ryan having an idea to do this at some point, at PorcFest or similar. Have a mass divorce, followed by a mass private marriage ceremony.

(He's an actual reverend so he wanted to officiate over the private marriage ceremonies.)

You're talking about divorce from a person?  Not divorcing the government?

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Kat Kanning on April 14, 2009, 06:27 AM NHFT
Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on April 13, 2009, 12:13 PM NHFT

You're talking about divorce from a person?  Not divorcing the government?

I think his idea was that people get divorced out of their State marriage—from each other, and by extension the State contract that bound them together—and then remarried privately.

I'm relaying year-old information here. Best to check with him directly.