• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Free-ish plastic pallets

Started by MaineShark, April 09, 2009, 10:30 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

MaineShark

I just picked up 17 plastic pallets (like wooden pallets, but they don't rot).  I don't need that many, but filling the truck bed to keep them from shifting was easier than having a few less than a full bed.

I don't know exactly how many I will be looking to part with, but my supplier also has some more available for the same price (ie, free).

So, if a few folks want pallets, I have some extras that would be free.  If more folks want pallets than my current supply will support, I'm willing to make a second trip.  In that case, I'd appreciate a small amount (maybe $0.50 per pallet) to cover fuel.  Heck, they have a lot of pallets to get rid of, so there might even be enough to justify a third trip.

Let me know ASAP if you're interested, and how many you would like.

Joe

doobie

I might be interested are you going to be at Church on Sunday?  I could probably use 3-4 if they'll fit well in the back of my subaru... how large are they?

Russell Kanning

If you are ever making a trip to Grafton and can bring them, I would buy as many as you can fit for the cost of your fuel or whatever. :)
I have  already built one composter out of them and can always use more for holding wood up off the ground.

MaineShark

I actually just called today to get some more, and they only had a few left (not enough to justify the trip).  After I figure out how many I need, I'll post again to let folks know how many are up for grabs.

I'm also going to keep in touch with the folks that supplied these, because it sounds like they occasionally have more that they need to dispose of...

Joe

margomaps

What color are they?  Do they have slats like regular pallets (i.e., can air flow through them)?

The reason I ask is that I was about to build a couple of compost bins out of regular wood pallets.  Obviously those rot away eventually, so it's not an ideal material for an application that involves trying to get things to rot.  If the plastic ones aren't a gaudy color like orange or yellow, and if they allow air to get into my compost pile, then it would be a very appealing option for me.  I could use 3 at a minimum, and 5 or even 7 if you're able to get more.

porcupine kate

Let me know when you get more I could use 3 of them.