• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

The many uses of table salt

Started by Raineyrocks, April 10, 2009, 06:41 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

I think this may end up being like the peroxide thread. I'm skeptical of some of those claims. Salt in your flower water? I'm pretty sure that will cause the reverse effect and dry out your flowers quickly. I have heard of putting sugar in your water vase to keep cut flowers fresh longer. Maybe they're getting salt and sugar mixed up.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: dalebert on April 10, 2009, 08:00 PM NHFT
I think this may end up being like the peroxide thread. I'm skeptical of some of those claims. Salt in your flower water? I'm pretty sure that will cause the reverse effect and dry out your flowers quickly. I have heard of putting sugar in your water vase to keep cut flowers fresh longer. Maybe they're getting salt and sugar mixed up.

Yeah, maybe.  :-\   I've also read that diluted coffee and egg shells are good for plant soil too.

Fluff and Stuff

Most of those don't seem like a big deal and some of them are silly.  You can brush you teeth with just a stick and it will help a lot.  A brush works great - without toothpaste even.