• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I'm angry at blatherers and putting them on ignore

Started by TackleTheWorld, April 16, 2009, 10:35 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on April 17, 2009, 02:55 PM NHFT
I described a common activity and you jumped up and said you are guilty.  Get a grip.

JCRD (Judaeo-Christian Reflux Disorder) . . .

Russell Kanning

Kat Kanning

The red text is a lot more fun  :D  But maybe not if you're on the receiving end of it.  :o

TackleTheWorld

I realize this is a forum, not a news service.  People like to add their bit to the events discussed, that is the appeal of nhfree.
Except when real people are suffering right now, there is a possibility of helping them, and people with no accurate knowledge or factual reports are blathering.  Get the frick out of the way and let the rescuers have a look at the scene!

TackleTheWorld

Now, am I really angry at something else?  My helplessness?  My ignorance of how to help?  Sam for getting all the attention?  Maybe.  Me for not driving him to the hospital when he was prostrate and dazed?
Ooh, Lauren you are just trying to show off now.  You didn't steal the police car because you, under all the anti-state ideas and non-violent principles, still trust the police to take care of him.  Ouch. 

TackleTheWorld

Kat always keeps things light.  I like her.
Because she has a mean streak.

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Kat Kanning on April 17, 2009, 04:26 PM NHFT
The red text is a lot more fun  :D  But maybe not if you're on the receiving end of it.  :o

Nope, not fun on the receiving end of it.  :o  It's all fun and games until someone loses an I.

Friday

Has anyone noticed scratches on Lauren's face recently?   :o  Remember, keep your phasers set to "Stun" until Scotty gets the transporter fixed!!

Mike Barskey

Holy moly! Lauren got mad!
I hope the anger passes quickly and a good solution is found.
Or perhaps her goal is to express the anger, to work out the frustration, and then to move on.
You've got a good point. There can be value in anger, too.
Why do you always have to agree with me. Can't you come up with a single thought on your own?
Let's not make this about me. You are the one who always jumps to conclusions.
Hey now. You don't really want to be arguing, do you? That's very unproductive - neither of your goals will be solved by arguing.
Shut up!
Shut up!
Sheesh
So where were we?
Lauren got mad at people talking and talking, instead of acting to improve the situation.
Yeah, I don't blame her. I mean, I don't see a problem with people joking or getting lost on tangents or valuing philosophical discussions over practical and productive action, but there are times when something is so important to me that it's frustrating when other people don't see it, too.
Indeed. Perhaps it was a good solution for her to vent some, and in a separate thread so that the thread helping Sam could get back on focus - she was solving 2 goals at once.
And hopefully some of the humor was able to relieve some of the frustration, instead of add to it.
Hey, I'll see you tomorrow in Keene, right?
Yes, I'm going to the sign-holding outside the jail, where Sam will apparently be able to see us.
Me, too. And then to the vigil for Sam that night.
See you there!
OK, now I'm just being silly.

TackleTheWorld

TackleTheWorld

Quote from: Mike Barskey on April 18, 2009, 11:24 PM NHFT
Holy moly! Lauren got mad!
OK, now I'm just being silly.
How are we to maintain the whiny tone of this board if you are going to be so amusing?

Mike Barskey

Hey, where is your blue voice and red voice! I haven't been on the receiving end of the red voice yet! I feel left out. :(

TackleTheWorld

I've never noticed you blathering.  I've seen you act on your ideals, even in the face of a year in jail. 
But then you turn and berate and insult your courageous self.  Show that guy some empathy, dude, he's on the frontiers liberation.  Maybe he's not perfect but I'll bet he knows more than you, you soul stomping monster!