• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

JOBS: pedicab drivers

Started by KBCraig, April 13, 2009, 12:31 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?articleId=4ca37272-91f0-464e-9501-e937f4058e32

Taxi tours by pedal power
By JIM KOZUBEK
Special to the Union Leader

PORTSMOUTH – John Wright, the 25-year old owner of Granite State Pedicabs, a bicycle taxi service that began ferrying tourists around the narrow, cobblestone streets of Portsmouth last summer, is preparing to expand his services on the Seacoast.

The company is looking to put together a riding team of five or six pedalers, and will now operate its cab at Hampton Beach on weekends, while continuing to spend its nights seeking fares in Portsmouth.

The company could add a second cab as the business grows this summer, he said.
Marcel Caron put a pedicab on the streets in Manchester last summer and raked in $4,700 pedaling for three months in his spare time. He is undecided whether to operate it this year, he said.

"I do still have it but will not have the time to operate it, so I am currently undecided if I am going to sell it, or pursue some offers I have from people to rent it from me," he said.

Metro Pedal Power, formerly The New Amsterdam Project, of Somerville, Mass., started a year ago and consists of five pedicabs with a pricey electric-assist function that can cart up to 650 pounds each.

The company hauls agricultural products, newspapers and dry-cleaning, rather than people.