• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Group of activists arrested, Keene District Court April 13, 2009

Started by K. Darien Freeheart, April 13, 2009, 01:01 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

slim

Quote from: Caleb on April 13, 2009, 01:47 PM NHFT
Why were they at the courthouse?
I believe this was for the arraignment/public flogging of Dave Ridley for recording in the (Keene court house) aka Ministry of Love

K. Darien Freeheart

Dale called. It seems everyone is now out except for Sam, who is still refusing to comply with the government people's demands.

The Keene group is meeing for lunch at Fritz's and then heading over to Westmoreland jail where Sam is being caged.

Ivy is attempting to arrange a carpool from her area and invites anybody interested in going to contact her on her cell phone.

Porcupine_in_MA

Actually Ivy was in Candia so was not in Grafton/Bristol area.

Dan

Ridley Qik cam of the arrests:
  http://qik.com/video/1450890?page=2

Keene sentinel bulletin:
  http://keenesentinel.com/articles/2009/04/13/news/local/free/doc49e38ebe6667c861873640.txt

The Sentinel staff were there through the entire event, and also didn't leave when asked according to some reports.  The above bulletin will include a story on the events.

K. Darien Freeheart

Excellent, I'm glad to see the Keene Sentinel people cover it. I wish it were possible to contact them easily... Inofrmation isn't on their site.

Russell Kanning

K. Darien Freeheart

Andrew Carroll possessed cannabis in an anti-drug war assembly. When in court for that, Dave Ridley was arrested for recording in a blatant exercise of press freedoms. While Dave graced the courts with his presence, Sam was arrested for recording it...

It's really hard to sum that up in a 250 character Digg summary. :P

jzacker

so, what were people charged with?  Those that received summonses?  And did Dave R. ever get his hearing?

slim

Quote from: jzacker on April 13, 2009, 02:48 PM NHFT
so, what were people charged with?  Those that received summonses?  And did Dave R. ever get his hearing?
From some of the video it sounded like they were ticketed for "disorderly conduct"

PaulOtt

Yeah, it was Disorderly Conduct aka Not Obeying Government People's Every Whim.

jzacker

Quote from: PaulOtt on April 13, 2009, 03:06 PM NHFT
Yeah, it was Disorderly Conduct aka Not Obeying Government People's Every Whim.

So, I guess when those people return to the court for their hearing, people will bring cameras?  Vicious cycle.

Josh

A vicious cycle indeed. It's too bad the thugs feel the need to keep it going, when they could simply let people record the public events.

Unless of course they have something to hide...

Coconut

Quote from: slim on April 13, 2009, 02:53 PM NHFT
Quote from: jzacker on April 13, 2009, 02:48 PM NHFT
From some of the video it sounded like they were ticketed for "disorderly conduct"

I got disorderly conduct for standing there. Exactly like the Keene Sentinel reporter standing there, who was not issued a ticket.

Josh

This makes me strongly consider selling my business (which I LOVE) and moving to Keene. You guys rock!

Giggan

Quote from: Kevin Dean on April 13, 2009, 02:47 PM NHFT
Andrew Carroll possessed cannabis in an anti-drug war assembly. When in court for that, Dave Ridley was arrested for recording in a blatant exercise of press freedoms. While Dave graced the courts with his presence, Sam was arrested for recording it...

It's really hard to sum that up in a 250 character Digg summary. :P

Andrew had pot in public, very illegal...Dave tried to enter a court with a cam, semi-illegal under circumstances...bunch of people arrested for standing in a public place, charges made up to fit the "crime"...maybe next time there won't even be a reason!

Also, this is making me think Keene's the place to go after college, nuther year.