• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Group of activists arrested, Keene District Court April 13, 2009

Started by K. Darien Freeheart, April 13, 2009, 01:01 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

K. Darien Freeheart

QuoteExactly like the Keene Sentinel reporter standing there, who was not issued a ticket.

You damn Free Staters... You get what you dese... oh... wait...

Russell Kanning

It is hard to tell what exactly happened, but I am assuming that they arrested Sam for daring to video record. Then they arrested or otherwise ticketed others who didn't do exactly what they commanded or not fast enough.
I am glad you guys have each stood up to the thugs in your own way and at the level you were ready. I am glad that Sam is probably making their jobs a little harder today. I am glad that so many people were there and joined the Keeniacs later. Have fun storming the castle.

shyfrog

I am glad that the police state is being exposed for what it really is...

force, theft, manipulation, lies, greed, control, fraud, puppetry, automata, and so much more... in other words: evil

And to think it all starts with some individual somewhere saying to themselves: "I don't like what this person is doing. I'm going to find a way to make them stop"

And they justify it to themselves and to others. Pretty soon it is Status Quo - Part of normal operating procedure - No big deal - If you're not with them, you're against them - Et. Al.

AntonLee

these cops are idiots if they think this will do anything but bring more people to Keene.  Pretty soon, they won't be able to carry people around.

I hope the police have a forklift for big boys like me.

jzacker

Quote from: AntonLee on April 13, 2009, 05:32 PM NHFT
these cops are idiots if they think this will do anything but bring more people to Keene.  Pretty soon, they won't be able to carry people around.

I hope the police have a forklift for big boys like me.

they have a pocket forklift known as a Taser.  It it known to bring people off the ground, or bury them six feet under it.  Your results may vary.

Tom Sawyer

The technique used today was to lift the arms of the victim that are cuffed behind the back. Russell can tell you how much it hurts.

I was reminding them that it was completely unnecessary with a dangerous chance of permanent damage to the shoulders and or nerve damage. The only purpose is punishment for not walking. They had the man power to carry the people, in fact they were carrying them, with the added torture effect the only reason they do it.

thinkliberty

I hope he sues Keene for civil rights violations.

It might get some taxpayers mad that the police force they are forced to pay for are wasting their money by being fined for kidnapping people illegally.

I would use the money I got for suing the police to move more liberty activists to Keene.

jzacker

slim

Quote from: thinkliberty on April 13, 2009, 07:35 PM NHFT
I hope he sues Keene for civil rights violations.

It might get some taxpayers mad that the police force they are forced to pay for are wasting their money by being fined for kidnapping people illegally.

I would use the money I got for suing the police to move more liberty activists to Keene.

The statists have been asking FSP members to use the system to change it.  

slim

Quote from: jzacker on April 13, 2009, 07:39 PM NHFT
so, is everyone out of jail yet?

I believe SamIam is still being held in the Ministry of Love.

David

I believe what happened to Sam was they handcuffed him then tried to lift him while he was on his stomach.  I didn't actually see this, so this is just an assumption, I didn't see Sam till I saw him on the floor in the Police building, then unhandcuffed and on his back.  Those arrested or 'summoned' did so after Sam was arrested in response to whatever they were doing behind closed doors.  The cop told us to leave, then called backup, told us if we were still here when the backup came we would be summoned.  Many chose to stay.  A couple of us initially refused to give any info and the cops arrested us.  

A couple observations:  This is our first mass disobediance/arrest.  It was triggered entirely by them hurting Sam.  
The angryist person in the room was officer Rivera, apparently the commanding officer.  He was pissed when the backup he called didn't know where the summons forms where.  The backup came there prolly expecting some physical altercation, and came and no one in our group did anything more physical then choosing not to leave, (except Sam, but he was already arrested).  
Everyone was peaceful, in words and actions, that is how we keep the moral high ground.   :)

AntonLee

Sam A. Robrin

I'm still fuzzy on some facts.  Did anyone other than Coconut and me receive summonses?  I'd heard four were issued altogether, but don't know who the other two were, if they were.
Anyhow, there'll be a few strategy meetings of the Not-So-Disorderly 5 + 2 (or maybe 3 or maybe 4) in the next several days. 

Coconut

Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on April 13, 2009, 10:40 PM NHFT
I'm still fuzzy on some facts.  Did anyone other than Coconut and me receive summonses?  I'd heard four were issued altogether, but don't know who the other two were, if they were.
Anyhow, there'll be a few strategy meetings of the Not-So-Disorderly 5 + 2 (or maybe 3 or maybe 4) in the next several days. 

As I understand...

Arrested and Held:
Sam

Arrested and Released with Summons:
Patrick
Tim
David
Curt

Not Arrested; Released with Summons:
Nick R.
Richard

Kat Kanning

Here's what I remember.  Sam came into the courthouse ready to videotape.  A group of us went upstairs.  Sam began taping.  Court officers told him to stop and showed him the note stuck on the wall saying not to tape.  Sam said the note on the wall didn't appear to be an order signed by anyone, so he was under no obligation to follow notes stuck to the wall.  The two police prosecutors come out and start to arrest Sam.  Rivera grabbed the camera from Sam.  BTW, they didn't appear ready for a riot, like they did the day Ridley planned his camera civ. disobedience - there were just the normal amount of cops there...there were tons the day Ridley planned his event.  When they started to arrest Sam, he fell to the ground.  They dragged him into the next room.  We could hear him screaming in pain, "Ow that hurts!" At one point the door was opened and I saw the thugs lifting Sam, who was on his stomach on the floor with handcuffs behind his back.  Kurt called them thugs and the older court security officer went off on him, saying 'who you calling a thug' and acting like he was about to knock Kurt on his butt and generally behaving very thuglike.  Kurt argued with him a little.  More screaming from the backroom and then Kurt's demanding to see what they're doing to his friend.  Lance the court security guy lets Kurt into the back hallway and Kurt sees Sam back there, but Rivera slams the door shut so that Kurt can't see anymore.  They start herding people into the courtroom for Ridley's arraignment.  Some of us headed outside to be there when they took Sam out.  Lauren and Jim and I stood at the back door where they usually haul people out of the building.  Maybe this made them decide to take everyone (except Tim) out the front door?  We heard that they were bringing Sam out the front so went out there.  They were still dragging him with his hands cuffed behind the back, with him screaming in pain.  People on the street were asking what was going on, so told them Sam had been videotaping.  People on the street expressed disapproval with people being hurt for videotaping.  Sam's dragged into the police car with much difficulty and pain and put face down on the floor, but later hauled into a sitting position.  Sam finally told me he was OK when I was asking.  Lauren tells cops repeatedly that they should be ashamed of themselves.  Other police cars start arriving like mad.  There were all the Keene police, some county and state police.  Sam is driven away.  In a few minutes, Kurt is brought out in handcuffs, walking.  Cops are again told by Lauren they should be ashamed.  People on the street are really concerned about what's going on.  David's brought out, walking.  Then they dragged Patrick.  I have to say it was really heartwrenching the way they were manhandling the always-smiling Patrick.  He was also crammed into the back seat of the cop car with much difficulty and pain.  TomSawyer was admonishing them for using an unneccessarily painful way to handle these guys - amounting to torture.    I don't think anyone saw Tim being brought out the back.  I'm guessing he was walking.  SamARobrin and Coconut told us what had happened upstairs - all the freestaters were told to leave.  Those who didn't would be arrested when backup arrived.  Backup arrived and blocked off the room, so no one could leave.  SamARobrin and Coconut gave their info and were released with summonses.  4 guys didn't give their info and were arrested, as we saw below.  The Keene Sentinel reporter and others there were not given summonses.  Back outside people talked to the Sentinel reporter for a while.  I went upstairs with Lauren and Jim to see if the courtroom lobby was still blocked off.  They let us come in but wanted to make sure we had business there.  I overheard one of the ladies who works in the court talking to the police prosecuter (not Rivera):  she said he'd have to take the Keene Sentinel reporter out to dinner that night because she was doing a story on him and he was a hero now.  Back outside, Jim asked the Keene Sentinel reporter if she was going out with the Keene police since she was going a story on them, but she said no.   We all headed to the police station.  David and Patrick were coming out the back when Ian, Dale and I arrived.  Both David and Patrick expressed how what was going on in that courtroom lobby was just so absurd that they felt they couldn't comply with what was going on - but they had not gone there with the intention of being arrested.  I'm sure that was true of all 4 who were arrested after Sam.  Sam had apparently been planning to push the recording issue.  Patrick told how he'd overheard cops complaining about the police prosecutor going too far - that they'd been called and told a violent riot was going on, but in reality it was a couple of guys standing around.  Kurt and Tim were also released.  We waited around to hear what had happened to Sam and were eventually told he was taken to the jail.  We stopped to eat some lunch then headed out to the jail.  Dale and I met up with Jeremy, Rich and Jennifer who had driven out from Manchester.  A couple of us went to the door and asked about Sam, but were told that no one by that name was in the jail.  Sam isn't giving his name, which is why he was held, so it'll be hard to ask about him and get any info, or send him letters.  One guard who was outside having a smoke said there was a guy brought in who woudn't give his name.  We hung out in the demonstration garden for a while and then back outside the jail.  Two state police and one county guy showed up.  They were called apparently because of Rich open carrying.  The first one who showed up and did most of the questioning had been at the courthouse arrests earlier.  It was all pretty laid back though.  He asked if anyone else was carrying and Jeremy said yes, but refused to show ID or his concealed carry license.  The guys explained they weren't required by law to do anything but tell them name and city where they live and the guy seemed to accept this info.  He went inside to talk to the jail guards.  The other statie just stood outside chatting with us.  The county guy never said a word.  First guy came back out and said Sam was in there and would probably have video arraignment in the morning.  I'm guessing the court would like to be spared another freestater visit.  Cops all left.  Rest of the freestater crowd arrived with signs, so we protested outside the jail for a while, with prisoners banging on windows and waving from inside.  We were unmolested while protesting, unlike the first time we tried it there.  Then everyone left for the Keene City Hall meeting, but I went home.