• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Group of activists arrested, Keene District Court April 13, 2009

Started by K. Darien Freeheart, April 13, 2009, 01:01 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh

It's funny how bureaucrats complain about the lack of involvement in these types of matters, yet when people get involved, those same bureaucrats call in the thugs. Maybe they only want involvement from people that agree with them.

Yeah, use the system to change the system.

dalebert

The first hour of last night's Free Talk Live spends a fair amount of time talking about this. I believe Ian gave his account of the events and then I came in for a couple of segments and talked about my account. Here's a link but remember that it will only be active for a certain period of time before it gets merged into the archives and you'll need to download it by the month or something like that.

http://media.libsyn.com/media/ftl/FTL2009-04-13.mp3

Kat Kanning

From what they said, I would guess Sam's being arraigned at 8:30 in the courtroom.

dalebert

They sheriff at the jail yesterday said it was going to be a video arraignment. I just heard the Porc411 and I'm not sure why they're acting surprised about that.

shyfrog

The Sentinel article has apparently been pulled: http://keenesentinel.com/articles/2009/04/13/news/local/free/doc49e38ebe6667c861873640.txt

And there's nothing more about it in today's section?

Anyone seeing something different?

Josh

Per Ian @ P411, Sam is not cooperating with the video arraignment, and is being held until he chooses to cooperate. Let the waiting game begin  :-\

Russell Kanning

that makes sense ... to have an arraignment they want your cooperation with the process. I would guess that Sam is not impressed with the process. He is being treated so well as a guy who has not been "convicted" of anything yet.

free SamIAm
He does not like boiled eggs in jail
he does not like bread that is stale
he does not like them on a tray
he does not want to stay all day
he does not like them through a slot
he does not like them in a pot
or with white bread
or eaten in a bed
or with a spork
or in a court

PaulOtt

Quote from: Russell Kanning on April 14, 2009, 08:54 AM NHFT
that makes sense ... to have an arraignment they want your cooperation with the process. I would guess that Sam is not impressed with the process. He is being treated so well as a guy who has not been "convicted" of anything yet.

free SamIAm
He does not like boiled eggs in jail
he does not like bread that is stale
he does not like them on a tray
he does not want to stay all day
he does not like them through a slot
he does not like them in a pot
or with white bread
or eaten in a bed
or with a spork
or in a court

This is good stuff.

AnarchoJesse

Quote from: shyfrog on April 14, 2009, 08:46 AM NHFT
The Sentinel article has apparently been pulled: http://keenesentinel.com/articles/2009/04/13/news/local/free/doc49e38ebe6667c861873640.txt

Today's paper comes out later, so we'll see what happens with that.

If nothing comes of it, I plan on showing up at the Sentinel and raising hell.

Coconut

Quote from: AnarchoJesse on April 14, 2009, 09:13 AM NHFT
Quote from: shyfrog on April 14, 2009, 08:46 AM NHFT

Today's paper comes out later, so we'll see what happens with that.

I noticed this article pulled earlier. I'm hoping it's so they will post/publish the full updated one, and not that "someone" told them to not report on it.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: AnarchoJesse on April 14, 2009, 09:13 AM NHFT
do they have to report on it?

K. Darien Freeheart

QuoteAnd there's nothing more about it in today's section?

I've called the Keene Sentinel. The operator (Nikky) is very nice and connected me with Tiffany in New Media. At the very least, they're aware that people noticed it went "poof". It might just be a technical glitch; we shall see. :)

Coconut

Upcoming headlines at 12:30 on
Sentinelsource.com
*A task force of local lawyers and officials works to keep all courts in Keene.
*Two local women out to exercise, hike all 4,000-foot mountains in N.E.
*Hubbub outside Keene District Court

Josh

Hubbub outside Keene District Court

People protest the arraignment of a man who ignored a judge's order to turn off his video camera.

Things get out of hand, and more arrests are made; Free Staters howl.

K. Darien Freeheart

Quote from: Tiffany from Keene SentinelJust after I hung up with you, todays paper was delivered to me (for the upload of todays online stories).
On the first page it has "incident was in Keene court lobby" - Sam Dodson was arrested for not turning off a video camera.
This seems like what you were looking for. I can e-mail you the story / link as soon as I put the stories up for the day.
I should be done around 1:ish