• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Group of activists arrested, Keene District Court April 13, 2009

Started by K. Darien Freeheart, April 13, 2009, 01:01 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

Quote from: zackbass on April 28, 2009, 04:09 AM NHFT
Bottom line:  You can catch more flies with shit than with honey.

OK, dwell on the semantics of a commonly used expression rather than the actual content and meaning of my post.
::)

Russell Kanning

if you respond to him ... maybe he is right
I try to ignore the guys trolling for negative reactions.

zackbass

Quote from: dalebert on April 28, 2009, 11:14 AM NHFT
Quote from: zackbass on April 28, 2009, 04:09 AM NHFT
Bottom line:  You can catch more flies with shit than with honey.

OK, dwell on the semantics of a commonly used expression rather than the actual content and meaning of my post.
::)

No, my observation is apt.  The point is that it is a mistake to direct appeasement toward shitheads when the best use of your efforts is to appeal to those who resent the shitheads and will actually help you in your cause.  You can't Convert the butterflies, gather ye Disaffected Flies with the stinkiest shit you can find.
This applies as well to that other old chestnut, "You can't herd cats."  The truth is that you can lead them with a can of stinky tuna.

How's that for Content and Meaning.  You disagree with it, but you gotta admit I was not nitpicking semantics.

dalebert

I'm not appeasing anyone. I'm getting to know my general neighbors personally, people who haven't taken any side per se. When it comes time for the "shitheads" to try and marginalize me or make me out to be some fringe nutjob, it won't be so easy for them because my neighbors will already have a more accurate impression of me from firsthand experience.

Tom Sawyer

You have the right attitude for safely being a dissident...  8)

Russell Kanning

if he could just ignore the libertarian trolls and get a decent baking sheet Dale would be all set

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Russell Kanning on April 29, 2009, 09:09 PM NHFT
if he could just ignore the libertarian trolls and get a decent baking sheet Dale would be all set

...still needs a muffin pan.

Pat K

Quote from: Facilitator to the Icon on April 29, 2009, 09:35 PM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on April 29, 2009, 09:09 PM NHFT

...still needs a muffin pan.

This would be perfect.

Ogre

Do you know the muffin man, the muffin man, the muffin man?

dalebert

Bill St. Clair

Quote from: Pat K on April 30, 2009, 12:55 AM NHFT
This would be perfect.

$4.50 on eBay

QuoteFlexible silicone non-stick baking pan. Makes six goodies per pan. Oven safe up to 420 Fahrenheit.

;D

Tom Sawyer

dalebert

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on April 30, 2009, 10:19 AM NHFT
Backside of postcard I'm sending.

Careful! You're going to cause Neal to have another Rush-gasm.

Neal Jiutai

Quote from: dalebert on April 30, 2009, 11:32 AM NHFT
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on April 30, 2009, 10:19 AM NHFT
Backside of postcard I'm sending.
Careful! You're going to cause Neal to have another Rush-gasm.

Too late. Just creamed my pants fantasizing about the time I went to one their shows on the 2007 Snakes and Arrows tour .

mport1

If you use Facebook, become a fan of "Free Sam Dodson" and invite all your friends - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Free-Sam-Dodson/107370560008

240 members and growing.  Its a good way to inform people who aren't aware and give them updates.