• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Libertine Needs Moving Help

Started by Daien, April 13, 2009, 06:09 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Daien

I find myself in the (fortunate and unfortunate) situation of having to move back to Hawaii as soon as possible. I need to get my belongings to Chicago and would rather pay a fellow porcupine than a moving company. Russell just came up with a bunch of creative ideas, and so I'm putting this out there for anyone who's interested in being paid to help me move.

If you have a large enough truck or van (or wanted to rent one) and wouldn't mind driving back and forth to Chicago in the next week or so, let me know and we can work out the details.

Mahalo . . .

Becky Thatcher

Well, unfortunate for all of us.  You will be missed.  :'(

doobie

How much stuff do you have?  I'm driving a mostly empty Subaru to Chicago around May 4th/5th.

Pat K

I hope all works out well for you Libertine.

Tom Sawyer

Daien

Quote from: Becky Thatcher on April 13, 2009, 06:21 PM NHFT
Well, unfortunate for all of us.  You will be missed.  :'(
I will miss you, too, Becky. And Tom and the Prez. It's harsh getting to know and appreciate really good people and then have to leave. But . . . one never knows what the future holds; perhaps one day I'll be back. :)

Quote from: doobie on April 13, 2009, 06:22 PM NHFT
How much stuff do you have?  I'm driving a mostly empty Subaru to Chicago around May 4th/5th.
Thanks, Doobie, but too much for your car. I'll need a very large van or small truck, and do need to be on the road as soon as possible. I really appreciate your offer though.

Quote from: Pat K on April 13, 2009, 06:30 PM NHFT
I hope all works out well for you Libertine.
Oh, Pat K, I'm going to miss your bacon cravings. :)

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on April 13, 2009, 06:47 PM NHFT
Dang it. Wish you well.
Thanks, Tom. You've all made it really, really great for me, and I really appreciate that.

djbridgeland

I could help if need be.  I don't have a van or truck, but could rent one if need be, or perhaps another porc has an appropriate vehicle but just doesn't have the time to drive to Chicago and back? 

Dan

41mag

Sorry to hear that you are leaving us.   :'(

Daien

Quote from: djbridgeland on April 14, 2009, 12:25 AM NHFT
I could help if need be.  I don't have a van or truck, but could rent one if need be, or perhaps another porc has an appropriate vehicle but just doesn't have the time to drive to Chicago and back? 

Dan
Dan, thank you so much for your offer. I think I have someone willing to drive, and now just need to rent a truck or van. I'll definitely keep you in mind if my first offer doesn't work out.

Quote from: 41mag on April 14, 2009, 12:35 AM NHFT
Sorry to hear that you are leaving us.   :'(
You've been so kind and helpful through everything, I'll miss you.

K. Darien Freeheart

Daien

Quote from: Kevin Dean on April 14, 2009, 11:10 AM NHFT
:(

Safe and happy travels.
Thank you, Kevin. It's not easy leaving so many wonderful new friends.

Daien

Thank you to the very generous and delightful William and Amy, who have come to my rescue! We'll be heading out next week Tuesday on our adventure to Chicago . . .

I will truly miss every one of you, this has been an amazing time for me, and you are an amazing group of people. For all who can, I'd love to see you this Saturday at our Grafton picnic. I think we may head out en masse for Social Sunday as well.

If you need somewhere to stay... I'm about halfway between NH and Chicago in New Castle PA. I'm getting a lot of help from the freestaters so I want to "pay it forward" if possible.

Daien

Quote from: Andrew on April 14, 2009, 07:39 PM NHFT
If you need somewhere to stay... I'm about halfway between NH and Chicago in New Castle PA. I'm getting a lot of help from the freestaters so I want to "pay it forward" if possible.
What a generous offer, Andrew, thank you! We've talked about both stopping for the night, and driving straight through, but haven't made definite plans yet. If you'd like to PM me your information, I can be in touch.

Thanks again!