• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

A Question about the Word "Stuph"

Started by Peacemaker, April 12, 2009, 06:27 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Peacemaker

I think Dale can clear this up.  I remember a reference from Russell, when he used the word, something about hoping Dale didn't use violence to to crack down on  him, for using "the" word.

I''ll confess, I'm guilty. I've the word Stuph and without any mention of Dale.  I think the deal is, that word is Dale's word and in plainspeak, the rest of us should just keep our damn paws off it, if I understand correctly.

STUPH.

There I did again.  Dale, I'm sorry, I just hope you don't come a knockin!

But seriously, if you could shed some light on your word (how it came about, etc.) I think it would be helpful in keeping others from taking the liberty to use that word (without your permission). 

I'm not sure of your stance on this, so I just had to ask! 

dalebert

I don't believe in intellectual property. I just started using it because "ph" often makes the same sound as "ff", so why not? I'm a loner; a rebel. James Bond kinda stuph.

AntonLee

when you said "I'm a loner, a rebel" I thought of Pee Wee Herman

"I'm a loner Dotty. . . a rebel."

Sam A. Robrin

Ya shoulda seen it back in the days before I gafiated (an acronymic coinage from the phrase "getting away from it all) science-fiction fandom, when the slang was flang as thick and fast as Kornbluth's "Marching Morons," forghodsake, and bizarre misspellings were as common as a morning cup of kaughphy . . .  We were proud of our linguistic innovations, I tell you!

Peacemaker

Quote from: dalebert on April 12, 2009, 07:33 PM NHFT
I don't believe in intellectual property. I just started using it because "ph" often makes the same sound as "ff", so why not? I'm a loner; a rebel. James Bond kinda stuph.

"Jame Bond kinda stuph" (too funny!!)

So why not?  I heard that!   Awesome Stuph Dale!  I Love it!  :) 

PS: You also doing a Great Job in the Free Talk Live Chair.

Great Stuph!!!!  Keep up the good work!

Jim Johnson

What language is Robrin speaking in?
I know it's some kinda English stuph, but English is a second language to me... I started with baby talk.

dalebert

Quote from: AntonLee on April 12, 2009, 08:57 PM NHFT
when you said "I'm a loner, a rebel" I thought of Pee Wee Herman

"I'm a loner Dotty. . . a rebel."

That's what I was imitating, but my memory was flawed. I thought he ended it with "James Bond kinda stuph". Nope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKLizztikRk

mackler

This is my word:  STPHU

(means shut the ph--- up)

but STUPH is cool too.