• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

"Daughters of the Revolution"

Started by jejstover, September 12, 2005, 10:13 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

jejstover

All,

Here's the first article for my new column, "Daughters of the Revolution"? which appears in the magazine, Granite Porcupine.? Let me know what you think - all constructive criticism is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jan
----------------

DAUGHTERS OF THE REVOLUTION? by Jan Jones Stover

I'd like to introduce my column by first offering a brief explanation of its title, Daughters of the Revolution.

We, as American women, are all Daughters of the Revolution. Yes, proven blood line or not, this is our birthright. Lineage intact or unknown, this is our heritage. The extraordinary women of the American Revolution are unquestionably our Founding Mothers and so in turn we are the daughters ... generation after generation ... of the Revolution.

The brave and eloquent women of our history have laid the groundwork for today's outspoken female Patriots and Patriots yet to come. From Abigal Adams and Mercy Otis Warren to Dr. Mary Ruwart and Claire Wolfe, American women have moved through the ages - writing, teaching, advocating and practicing liberty.

Just as our Founding Mothers joined forces and organized movements such as the Daughters of Liberty and Republican Motherhood, women today are still carrying the message of freedom and responsibility. From coast to coast, they are flying the banner of "eternal vigilance" - under different names and in different styles - but none the less, the banner continues to fly high. From our nation's western boundaries, hail such advocates for liberty as Mothers Against the Draft, the Association of Libertarian Feminists, and the Liberty Belles. From the heartland springs Mothers for Liberty and from the east we find the Liberty Ladies.

Women whose activism and accomplishment further the cause of liberty, share the Founding Mothers' call to "protect and defend" our nation's original message of Independence. Whether it be on a national or local scene, women like Sharon Harris, president of Advocates for Self-Government; Elaine Badnarik, mother of Libertarian Presidential Candidate Michael Badnarik and a candidate for Lt. Governor herself, and New Hampshire's Kat Dillon, Free State enthusiast, continue to reach out with the essential good news of liberty - and we as Daughters of the Revolution are charged with doing the same.

How well we fulfill that charge, and by what means, is the fodder for this column. I look forward to featuring the enthusiastic words and actions of women from around the country, around the county and around the corner on the pages of the Granite Porcupine and in the column of The Daughters of the Revolution.

copyright Jan Jones Stover 2005

AlanM

Nice, Jan,! I like it. It sets a nice tone for future columns.

jejstover

Thanks Alan. Any suggestions or specific issues you (or anyone else) think I should address in my upcoming articles?? I have several ideas/topics running around in my head right now ... but I'm always game to hear a few more suggestions.

Jan

freedombabe

Quote from: jejstover on September 12, 2005, 10:13 AM NHFT
All,

Here's the first article for my new column, "Daughters of the Revolution"? which appears in the magazine, Granite Porcupine.? Let me know what you think - all constructive criticism is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jan

Good article.  I would add a little edge to the topic next time and title it:  "The Founding Girlfriends".  Then tell the stories of the not-so-famous women that worked to on the freedom birthing process.  Our brave sisters were more important and bigger players than historians have given credit.

jejstover

Quote from: freedombabe on November 22, 2005, 01:16 PM NHFT
Good article.  I would add a little edge to the topic next time and title it:  "The Founding Girlfriends".  Then tell the stories of the not-so-famous women that worked to on the freedom birthing process.  Our brave sisters were more important and bigger players than historians have given credit.

Glad you liked the article.  I'll remember your title suggestion: "The Founding Girlfriends" - might encourage a whole different readership than more traditional titles like mine or others that have been used such as "The Founding Mothers".

I agree with your assessment that more focus needs to be put on the "not-so-famous" women players - from our nation's birth as well as those who are fighting for our Liberties yet today. I'm enjoying doing such research now.

Do you write by any chance?  With such pertinent comments, it strikes me that you might just put pen to paper (or is that fingers to keyboard) yourself.

Jan