• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I Will Be Boycotting the NHUnderground Forums

Started by AnarchoJesse, April 20, 2009, 07:13 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Riddler

Quote from: Russell Kanning on April 22, 2009, 08:22 PM NHFT
Kat was wondering if all the guncleaners could boycott this forum soon. I told her ... I hope so.

it would be really funny if they all did....and there were only 3-4 people left in here...
(freedom loving libertarians that don't own (or carry) guns???)
suspect.

anthonybpugh

Quote from: Bill St. Clair on April 23, 2009, 05:47 AM NHFT
Looks to me like Jesse solved his problem without hurting anybody. Bravo!

How in the hell did that dumb ass solve any problems?  All his efforts only made the problem worse and if it wasn't for the intervention of people the problem would have got much much worse. 

Bill St. Clair

Quote from: anthonybpugh on April 23, 2009, 10:33 AM NHFT
How in the hell did that dumb ass solve any problems?  All his efforts only made the problem worse and if it wasn't for the intervention of people the problem would have got much much worse. 

Everybody walked away. Nobody was bleeding. Sounds like a fine outcome to me. If I am to believe the story, it was a good thing that his friends were there, but I doubt many people would have missed one or two of those bullies anyway. Messing with an armed man doesn't tend to increase your life expectancy. That's why an armed society is a polite society.

leetninja

still wondering how jesse drew cocked and pointed while one of his arms was being held ...

antijingoist

Quote from: anthonybpugh on April 23, 2009, 10:33 AM NHFTHow in the hell did that dumb ass solve any problems?  All his efforts only made the problem worse and if it wasn't for the intervention of people the problem would have got much much worse. 

aside from perhaps a 1 debatable decision or two that he made, I can't see anything he did wrong, and neither could the police.

and there is the problem, the decisions were not clearly right/wrong decisions, just preference issues everyone with 20/20 hindsight has as different opinion on, and stuff that people may have reacted against what they claim they will. Events that may or may not have happened are uncertain.

What I find annerving is that too many people are trying to force one idea over another idea as "the thing to do and everyone else must follow my lead or they are doing it wrong."
oh well. have fun storming each others castles while getting conquered by the common enemy.

Porcupine_in_MA

Kat was wondering if all the guncleaners could boycott this forum soon. I told her ... I hope so.

Okay. Will do then.

leetninja

Quote from: Porcupine The Prickly Polytheist on April 23, 2009, 10:43 PM NHFT

Okay. Will do then.

how many people on this forum bear guns and/or believe in their gun rights?  the owner is telling you all to leave now too?

dalebert

Quote from: leetninja on April 24, 2009, 08:09 AM NHFT
how many people on this forum bear guns and/or believe in their gun rights?  the owner is telling you all to leave now too?

Let's not be overly dramatic. I believe there's a big difference between what you just described and what Russell means by a "gun cleaner". And he's not telling people to leave. Sounds to me like he's just expressing that if all the excited gun talk were to take place elsewhere, it would be interpreted more as a blessing than a boycott.  ::)

Giggan

Quote from: leetninja on April 24, 2009, 08:09 AM NHFT

Also, I think he means 'guncleaners' as people looking forward to a bloody revolution more than they look forward to voluntary society, in case that wasn't clear.

AntonLee

Frankly, I don't think they were pointing any one person out with that comment either.  Just in case some felt the need to put it all on themselves.

Tom Sawyer

Kat owns a gun...
My definition of a guncleaner is someone who justifies their hobby by fantasizing about some future line in the sand that will give them the excuse to do something.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on April 24, 2009, 05:28 PM NHFT
Kat owns a gun...
My definition of a guncleaner is someone who justifies their hobby by fantasizing about some future line in the sand that will give them the excuse to do something.

And then, when ever that line is crossed, the guncleaner quickly finds a reason to redraw that line in the sand some where else.

Riddler

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on April 24, 2009, 05:28 PM NHFT
Kat owns a gun...

but isn't she, too ,a pacifist?
*musn't use aggression against anyone*

NJLiberty

It might be helpful if Kat or Russell explained what they meant by guncleaner. It doesn't do us much good to guess as to what they meant.

George

neggy

Hey Jesse, I hope that yo are still reading the forums, I'd miss your posts if you left.

I know you are relatively new to the world of handguns, so I want to pass along a suggestion.

I want you to go find a book called "In The Gravest Extreme", it is written by a NH cop and noted
gun expert Massad Ayoob.

It is a book someone suggested to me over 25 years ago, and I have suggested it to others ever since.
You really need to read it, chances are it will give you some insight on the ramifications of pulling a gun and the consequences of pulling the trigger. Right or wrong, once you clear leather a chain of events starts that isn't in your favor. Even when you are correct in your decision to produce a weapon, you are going to be, in 99.999% of the time going to be vilified in the press and prosecuted in the courts. Do yourself a favor spend the money on the book. You can find it on Amazon.

I am another one of those people who does not carry a weapon anymore, but there was a time when I never went anywhere without one. The difference between you and I is I had a CCW permit, and I kept mine hidden from public view. I know open carry is a right to be vigorously defended in NH, but there are times it is not the wisest thing to do.

I would also suggest you read up on something that is known as the Tueller maneuver. It goes to the subject of having one in the pipe at all times.  The readers digest version goes something like this.

A trained shooter (cop, or someone like me that has the ability to clear leather and pull the trigger without hesitation) needs 21 feet between him and someone with a knife, to  be able to get the gun out of a holster, aimed and get 2 shots off, center mass if the "bad guy" starts charging at you with a knife. If you have to rack the slide you would be screwed, the bad guy would get to you before you could get the shots off.

Note I said trained shooter, if you are not proficient, and prepared to kill someone (he who hesitates looses) you'll need more than 21 feet.

Different scenario.... If someone produces a gun with the intent to do you harm, you need a lot more than 21 feet before you decide to pull the trigger, and if you are ducking for cover and trying to chamber a round you are already in a hard to win situation. Should you should end up injured you'll find out how hard it is to rack the slide with one arm, teeth, feet, etc the hard way while injured and under fire.

OK rant over. Go buy the book, and if money is tight PM me and I'll buy it for you, I'd rather spend the 15 bucks on the book than to have to contribute to your legal defense fund or canteen account.