• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I Will Be Boycotting the NHUnderground Forums

Started by AnarchoJesse, April 20, 2009, 07:13 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Riddler

Quote from: neggy on April 25, 2009, 04:19 AM NHFT

Even when you are correct in your decision to produce a weapon, you are going to be, in 99.999% of the time going to be vilified in the press and prosecuted in the courts. Do yourself a favor

funny.
i read "the armed citizen" every month (NRA Freedom magazine, and reprinted in the NH Union Leader)....a compilation of news stories from around the country, in which citizens , in the course of protecting their lives & property, shoot aggressors, robbers, thieves (most of the time killing them), and there isn't the ''villification & prosecution'' you speak of..

Discipula

Quote from: babalugatz on April 25, 2009, 07:12 AM NHFT

Even when you are correct in your decision to produce a weapon, you are going to be, in 99.999% of the time going to be vilified in the press and prosecuted in the courts. Do yourself a favor

funny.
i read "the armed citizen" every month (NRA Freedom magazine, and reprinted in the NH Union Leader)....a compilation of news stories from around the country, in which citizens , in the course of protecting their lives & property, shoot aggressors, robbers, thieves (most of the time killing them), and there isn't the ''villification & prosecution'' you speak of..

To be fair, that doesn't sound like the type of publication that would vilify the shooter. Mainstream media (something that non gun-enthusiasts would read) would be much more likely to.

Riddler

Quote from: Discipula on April 25, 2009, 12:50 PM NHFT

funny.

To be fair, that doesn't sound like the type of publication that would vilify the shooter. Mainstream media (something that non gun-enthusiasts would read) would be much more likely to.

no.
the liberal media simply doesn't acknowledge those goings-on.
great case-in-point is the whacko that shot & killed his professor & several others at a virginia law school.
you NEVER HEARD OR READ about the armed students that subdued the shitbag.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appalachian_School_of_Law_shooting

liberal media jump all over stories that involve innocent victims of ''gun violence'', yet you never hear about the thousands of incidents involving a gun-toter thwarting criminal activities....

neggy

Sometimes there are clear cut no questions asked types of shootings where it is so cut and dry they just pin a medal on the person with the gun.

There was a case last year in MA, on the south shore, where a business was getting entered after closing and product stolen. The owner laid in wait with a shotgun.  The gun went off at some point. want to know who got charged?

the owner of the business!
"Hanover police are also seeking charges against Crest, a Marshfield resident, for assault with a dangerous weapon and discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a building"

Here is the story:
http://www.patriotledger.com/homepage/x2103873600

more from the Globe a week later
http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2008/05/15/was_it_self_defense_or_firearms_offense/

"By Milton J. Valencia
Globe Staff / May 15, 2008

The racket came from the dark kitchen area, and it startled David Crest as he slept in the office of his Hanover catering business. He suspected he was being burglarized again, and as he crept toward the noise, he grabbed the Mossberg 500 12-gauge shotgun he had kept by his side.

I

"Freeze," he screamed. Crest believed he had finally caught the culprit who had taken thousands of dollars in meats, alcohol, and equipment from the shop. But when he flicked on the lights, still aiming his shotgun, and saw the intruder, he felt betrayed like never before: It was, he said, his head chef.

"How many times have you broken in here before?" Crest demanded.

The man ran out the door, and Crest fired several warning shots. He was determined, he said, to protect his property.

But police say he went too far by trying to take the law into his own hands.

Now there are two defendants. Crest, 39, of Marshfield will be arraigned next week before the same court that arraigned John F. O'Connor, 43, the man accused of stealing from him. Crest is charged with assault with a deadly weapon and discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a dwelling."

T TOOK 6 MONTHS for the business owner to get to trial, he was found innocent, because the burglar would have self incriminated if he testified.

http://www.patriotledger.com/news/x35303872/Hanover-caterer-found-innocent-in-April-shotgun-standoff

How much money and time do you think the shooter spent defending himself against the charges?

IMHO he was damn lucky not to have been convicted.

Discipula

Quote from: babalugatz on April 25, 2009, 08:37 PM NHFT
Quote from: Discipula on April 25, 2009, 12:50 PM NHFT

funny.

no.
the liberal media simply doesn't acknowledge those goings-on.
great case-in-point is the whacko that shot & killed his professor & several others at a virginia law school.
you NEVER HEARD OR READ about the armed students that subdued the shitbag.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appalachian_School_of_Law_shooting

liberal media jump all over stories that involve innocent victims of ''gun violence'', yet you never hear about the thousands of incidents involving a gun-toter thwarting criminal activities....

didnt he shoot himself? i thought that was the whole controversy, being that having armed students or staff would have stopped the whole thing a lot sooner.

Riddler

the globe wouldn't have printed a word, if the owner didn't know the culprit, and the culprit hadn't run away.
also, the owner shouldn't have been arrested in the 1st place.
he was prob. too honest for his own good.
had he told the cops he fired warning shots, as he feared for his safety, and THEN the perp ran off, this would have been a non-story.

leetninja

you dont fire "warning shots" you shoot you kill otherwise you risk BS from kops like that!  head chef or stranger he didnt know two 1oz slugs to the chest and there shouldnt/wouldnt have been an issue.  keep it very b lack and white - guy broke in owner caught him burglar charged owner shot snd killed.  self defense.  done.

Peacemaker

I usually see humor first, in most things and it's funny to me that someone who's not here anymore, has over 2,000 hits and 144 replies on their thread in a weeks time!

Neggy, I just checked and Jessie has not been online since he started this thread.  You wrote, to Jessie:

"OK rant over. Go buy the book, and if money is tight PM me and I'll buy it for you, I'd rather spend the 15 bucks on the book than to have to contribute to your legal defense fund or canteen account."

And I just had to say you are a very thoughtful and kind person for offering to buy a book for another Liberty Lover and are a fine example of the good people who make up this group of Liberty Activists.

Atlas

Quote from: Peacemaker on April 26, 2009, 12:49 PM NHFT

And I just had to say you are a very thoughtful and kind person for offering to buy a book for another Liberty Lover and are a fine example of the good people who make up this group of Liberty Activists.

I agree.

Riddler

Quote from: leetninja on April 26, 2009, 08:11 AM NHFT
you dont fire "warning shots" you shoot you kill otherwise you risk BS from kops like that!  head chef or stranger he didnt know two 1oz slugs to the chest and there shouldnt/wouldnt have been an issue.  keep it very b lack and white - guy broke in owner caught him burglar charged owner shot snd killed.  self defense.  done.

try it sometime, hotshot....
somebody you've, let's say, known or employed for years, is the ''perp''.
you gonna 'shoot' on sight, whilst he's breaking in?
you know the guy.
prob. not a threat to your life, but who knows?
fire a coupla shots w/out taking his head off, is good policy.
owner could easily have ended shitbag's life...placed a kitchen knife-in-hand...
done deal. no conflicting ''story''
don't pontificate about shooting people, or someone firing 'warning shots' , hero.....

Russell Kanning

if you think cleaning your gun is a good time ... then you might be a gun cleaner
if you post walls of text explaining to others how they should use a gun ... then you just might be a guncleaner
if you think pacifists are holding back your revolution ... then you might be a guncleaner
if you are wondering if you are a guncleaner ... then you might be one :)
if you would have to buy another 2 gun safes to lock up your honeys ... then you might be a guncleaner
if you think the perfect weapon could bring down the federal empire ... then you might be a gunpolisher
if you hand over your guns to a thug after bragging about how you will take them down like a hollywood star ... then you are just a guncleaner

if all you post about is guns ... then I will have to ignore you ... if you describe awful scenarios that could or would happen to me or my family  if I continue to not resist evil by force, I will wish you were not here posting and might ask you to leave.

if you are still reading this post ... then you might be a nh underground computer redneck :)

John Shaw

So I guess I'm glad you clarified your stance, sorta.

Quote from: Russell Kanning on April 26, 2009, 10:04 PM NHFT
if you think cleaning your gun is a good time ... then you might be a gun cleaner

if you post walls of text explaining to others how they should use a gun ... then you just might be a guncleaner

if you think pacifists are holding back your revolution ... then you might be a guncleaner
if you would have to buy another 2 gun safes to lock up your honeys ... then you might be a guncleaner
if you think the perfect weapon could bring down the federal empire ... then you might be a gunpolisher
if you hand over your guns to a thug after bragging about how you will take them down like a hollywood star ... then you are just a guncleaner

if all you post about is guns ... then I will have to ignore you ... if you describe awful scenarios that could or would happen to me or my family  if I continue to not resist evil by force, I will wish you were not here posting and might ask you to leave.

if you are still reading this post ... then you might be a nh underground computer redneck :)

Green ones are stuff I do. Red ones are stuff I don't do.

People who own and enjoy guns are assumed guncleaners and not welcome on this site, is that so?

Okey Dokey. I won't say another thing about guns here.

I will say this, though - Your standards are unjust.

Puke

I like when my guns are clean. Cleaning them though...not so much.
I also like target practice. Guns are awesome.

Riddler

all hail.........

anthonybpugh

Quote from: John Shaw on April 26, 2009, 11:57 PM NHFT

People who own and enjoy guns are assumed guncleaners and not welcome on this site, is that so?

Quote from: John Shaw on April 26, 2009, 11:57 PM NHFT

I am getting the impression that Russell is just a bit on the condescending and self-righteous side.