• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I Will Be Boycotting the NHUnderground Forums

Started by AnarchoJesse, April 20, 2009, 07:13 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat K

Quote from: AnarchoJesse on May 20, 2009, 06:59 PM NHFT
Good to see this thread is still here. I've grown bored, and the Underground is always good for kicking shit around.

For all of my detractors, and especially YOU, Kat: They never did build statues for critics.

For those who supported me, thank you.

No they usually build statues to some SOB who got people killed.

AntonLee

I remember my grandfather telling me that if he ever did anything great enough to warrant a statue and others thought so as well and built one. . .he'd tear it down and break it.  If it was a posthumous statue, he'd haunt whoever put it up.  When I asked him why he felt so strongly about it. . . he reminded me that I, like him, was flesh and bone and a brain.  He always said that any human being knows when to do the right thing versus the wrong thing.  If you choose the wrong thing, you're acting evil and deserve your punishment.  If you choose to do the right thing then you're choosing to do the thing you're supposed to do.  He didn't believe that people should be rewarded for doing what they were supposed to do, only to be rewarded for doing things above and beyond what they were supposed to do.

And, he believed anything short of dying for someone else was doing what you're supposed to do.  I tend to agree.

the statement worries me about the statue, and makes me wonder if you do the things you do for fame or for freedom. . . or a mixture.  Let's hope the mixture is more freedom than fame.

AnarchoJesse

Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 20, 2009, 10:27 PM NHFT
Better keep boycotting me.  It was just starting to do me some good!  :P

For someone who likes to get all self-righteous, you are pretty juvenile, you know that?

AnarchoJesse

Quote from: Pat K on May 20, 2009, 11:59 PM NHFT
Good to see this thread is still here. I've grown bored, and the Underground is always good for kicking shit around.

For all of my detractors, and especially YOU, Kat: They never did build statues for critics.

Are you being contrarian just for the sake of it, or to save face for your clique?

Tom Sawyer

Or maybe a third option???
They build statues for Generals.

Anarcho "Bull in the China Shop" Jesse ;D

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: AnarchoJesse on May 21, 2009, 06:11 AM NHFT

Are you being contrarian just for the sake of it, or to save face for your clique?
So......You're not staying away why?

LordBaltimore

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on May 21, 2009, 06:20 AM NHFT
Or maybe a third option???
They build statues for Generals.

::)

Kat Kanning

Nice statues :)  I also saw one of Einstein in DC.

Gandhi complained at his fellows when they got too violent, BTW.  He fasted almost to death over it.

Tom Sawyer

Hey Lord... ;D
I was referring to the context that PatK mentioned.

FreelanceFreedomFighter

Just a "data point" to consider...

Ghandi & The Dalai Lama (both life-long pacifists) saw the need for the private ownership of firearms. In a conversation I had with The Dalai Lama and a traveling Buddhist monk, they both stated that it was not only "reasonable", but a "divine duty" to defend oneself and one's loved ones from external violent harm. You have been given a "divine gift" of the body that you inhabit and it is your duty to protect and defend that divine gift from harm. They both stated that one of the biggest reasons for the private ownership of firearms is the capability to defend oneself from an oppressive government. Ghandi, in his autobiography, states the same reason, lamenting the fact that the British had banned private gun ownership for the Indians. In my discussion with The Dalai Lama and that traveling Buddhist monk, they both stated that in most cases where one man would choose to take up arms, passive resistance would be the superior choice and while that proved to be true in India, they pointed out that it was not true in Germany of the 1940's. One of the first acts that Hitler did was to finalize the ban on all the guns that had been passed in the final days of the Weimar Republic.

The positions of all three are understandable since all three had been through violence perpetrated by their own governments which caused a lot of death and destruction to innocent, freedom-loving people.

Kat Kanning

And yet they themselves chose not to carry a weapon.  I don't see how that goes against anything I said.

Russell Kanning

i see no divine duty to defend myself

btw ... this thread is about jesse boycotting this forum ... and it is funny :)

FreelanceFreedomFighter

Ghandi's final hunger strike was a protest against the violence perpetrated by the British government and only tangentially lamented the violence that some Indians responded with. His point being that in the situation they had, a violent response only cause more violence (and more vicious) from their British oppressors. Not disagreeing with you fundamentally, just a clarification. It's in his autobiography.

And naturally, everyone can chose whether they wish to defend themselves and their loved ones or not. For me (just me personally), I chose to try to prevent death or grave bodily harm to my family and loved ones and chose to be with someone who feels the same way.

Jim Johnson

Good to see this thread is still here. I've grown bored, and the Underground is always good for kicking me around.

For all of my detractors, and especially YOU, Kat: I'm still out of strawberries.

For those who supported me, I'm still out of strawberries, thank you.

Kat Kanning

THAT'S IT!  I'VE FINALLY HAD IT!  Saturday, I'm bringing strawberries.

:strawberry: :strawberry: :strawberry: :strawberry: :strawberry: :strawberry: :strawberry: :strawberry: :strawberry: :strawberry: :strawberry: :strawberry: :strawberry: :strawberry: :strawberry: :strawberry: :strawberry: :strawberry: :strawberry: :strawberry: