• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I Will Be Boycotting the NHUnderground Forums

Started by AnarchoJesse, April 20, 2009, 07:13 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

He isn't owed any apology. Particularly from Pat.

Puke

Quote from: Capricious on May 23, 2009, 12:59 AM NHFT
Saw this begin a month ago with the article,also saw it fracture and now completely fragment the "freestaters". the "man" has nothing to worry about.

P.S. PLEASE WOULD A MOD DELETE MY ACCOUNT SO I CANT REACTIVATE IT?

Fracture the "freestaters"?
What the hell is this guy on about?

A little argument on a forum and this idiot thinks all ~700 people in state are now running around like lost puppies.  ::)

AnarchoJesse

Let me clear a few things up.

When I call Kat a tyrant, I'm not doing so because of "daddy issues", "mommy issues", etc. It has nothing to do with my family, or even the philosophy of family in the first place. I'm doing so because some traits she has and same manner in which she exercises them are analogous to the State, which I would find to be tyranny no matter what. Most of you here respond with the typical mantra "well, it is their property" with the implied "love it or leave it" following close behind it, but I find that to be evasive in that it doesn't actually address what actions are being taken by whatever individual. Simply put, I don't think that actions are automatically justified because it is someones property-- a moral vacuum does not exist once you've entered the realm of private property. As to where this stems from, which you all seem so speculative on-- Mostly my leftist views. Don't forget that I'm one of the few genuine leftists around here, and my philosophies will often clash with yours, in that I don't think property is a panacea to solving conflict or mitigating it.

For those of you who seem to think I thrive off of conflict, I really don't know what to say to that. I admittedly find myself wanting to get into confrontations with the establishment, and I do like to push their buttons. But you people, the underground, FreeKeene, etc...

Do you honestly think I want to get into fights with people who I'm probably going to spend the rest of my life around? Do you seriously think that I'm interested in alienating people to such a degree that I make my life here miserable? That I go out every day, work hard, and think "man, how could I best make them furious with me?" I have gone out of my way to defend the actions of people here when I had no obligation to, I've done my best to praise the actions of lovers of liberty I know. And yet, I can't seem to get the same in return... No matter what I do, I can't get the love back that I try to put out there. What really gets me is that most of you think I'm this ball of rage that goes out of his way to start a fight, when the fact of the matter is that I've diffused so many more fights than I've gotten into-- case in point, a guy approached me the other day when I was eating outside, and stood over me. I was eating my food on the grass, looked up, and asked "can I help you?" He said that I had exchanged words with his girlfriend weeks ago (I told her to "fuck off" after she threatened to call the police for some grossly trivial matter not even involving her), and he said didn't appreciate it. He was definitely bigger than me, and I was unarmed-- but that didn't matter. I stood up, brushed my hands off, extended my hand and said "Hey, I'm Jesse." This totally caught him off guard, and he relaxed. I explained to him what happened, and said "I don't think I was wrong, but I'm not willing to argue that right now. Why don't we simply agree that neither action was justified, and have a better day today?" He said "Ok.", shook my hand, and walked off.

I've done this maybe about a few dozen times in the past few months where it looks like conflict is starting, and I've avoided it. The only difference between all of those and what transpired here, however, is you all already know me, and to think that you would use something irrelevant to the issues at hand as a means of getting at me, and that hurts a hell of a lot.

I don't go looking for trouble, but when people come knocking, I'm not afraid to respond in kind. Some of you see it as "petty" and "divisive", but I don't really ascribe to your whole notion of passivity to the utmost in the first place, and I personally think a lot of you are passive to a fault-- but you know, for as long as I've held this view (since maybe, August), I've never brought it up as a means of being critical of you. In fact, I can't really think of any things about anyone here I genuinely don't like that would be worth criticizing you on, with some very rare instances that I should only bring up in private.

Now, all of this said, I am not sure how to respond to PatK. If he were here, I'd just hug him and say "fuck it, man". That's usually how I do it with people I'm close with when conflict comes about. I'm still unsure of his latest response, but I'm willing to look past what I think might be a slight (perceived or real), and say "fuck it".

I have better things to do than waste my time fighting with you people.

AnarchoJesse

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on May 23, 2009, 05:11 AM NHFT

No one asked you for your input, man.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: thinkliberty on May 23, 2009, 12:25 AM NHFT
When you are on the internet you are pretty much anonymous (some more than a lot more others, but for my point it does not matter)
things you write on the internet do matter ... especially when we actually know who you are ... and want to be part of our community
this forum might be a little different than other parts of the internet

Russell Kanning

Saw this begin a month ago with the article,also saw it fracture and now completely fragment the "freestaters". the "man" has nothing to worry about.

i don't like to delete accounts ... i like to keep the history there
since not all freestaters agree .... then sometimes there will be splits amongst us ... if you would like to do something different when you get here ... then go right ahead

Russell Kanning

Quote from: AnarchoJesse on May 23, 2009, 08:16 AM NHFT
so you wouldn't mind leaving when i request it?
so you won't mind me putting you on ignore?
so you won't mind if we feel the need to ban you sometime?

AnarchoJesse

Quote from: Russell Kanning on May 23, 2009, 08:50 AM NHFT
Quote from: AnarchoJesse on May 23, 2009, 08:16 AM NHFT
so you wouldn't mind leaving when i request it?
so you won't mind me putting you on ignore?
so you won't mind if we feel the need to ban you sometime?

Russell, I just explained why I think Kat is a bit tyrannical in her dealings with others, how I've been improving myself, and that fighting with people I genuinely like isn't how I like to spend my day, ending it with "lets just say fuck it all", and get past it.

Then you take this one line out of context, and go somewhere totally different with it.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Puke on May 23, 2009, 07:33 AM NHFT

Fracture the "freestaters"?
What the hell is this guy on about?

A little argument on a forum and this idiot thinks all ~700 people in state are now running around like lost puppies.  ::)
;D

Lloyd Danforth

AnarchoJesse

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on May 23, 2009, 09:29 AM NHFT
Quote from: AnarchoJesse on May 23, 2009, 08:17 AM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on May 23, 2009, 05:11 AM NHFT

No one asked you for your input, man.

No one asked you to come back

But then, no one asked me to leave either. I did so on my own steam-- so really, I think I was free to come back at my own leisure.

Tom Sawyer

Jesse, I was pleased that you came back... but, you start shit, even when you don't have to. You say you don't care what the fuck anyone thinks, then you whine about what people think about you.

Continuing to bitch at the hosts of the party and then going on to view their guests as your enemy, is not very cool.

Everyone gets fed up sometimes, that is OK, it is when you keep whipping the shit up that it turns bad.

When you had the Mac 11 on a shoestring, the bartender was not pleased to see that. I like our situation there... I wouldn't want to mess up how they feel towards us. Our actions affect each other. There has been much done to create what we have, there will be much more invested by folks in the future. People don't want a bull in the china shop.

Russell Kanning

hey Jesse ... would you leave this forum, so Kat and our friends don't have to be attacked in writing?

tracysaboe

You know, as somebody who's hasn't been on the boards much lately, and am not actually in NH yet, when I originally read this thread I was actually a bit irritated at Kat -- although I did understand it. And I thought what she wrote could have been received as an attack on Jesse's behavior -- I could see how he could be mad at her. I don't personally see that he did anything wrong in the situation -- and even if I did, I wasn't there. Obviously he was the one in the position to make the best determinations about how to handle the situation.

In fact if I was open carrying and some hoodlums attacked me for no other reason then "I was open carrying" and somebody wrote a similar column like that about me, I'd probably be mad at them too. Her article definitely has a "blaming the victim" feel to it if you ask me. Although, again -- I do understand where she's coming from.

It's possible though that one could take the high road and learn from her article. In fact her article can even be useful advice that open carriers could take with a grain of salt about there overall attitude and perhaps help them in their goal of self defense to enhance their security while open carrying.

But, telling Pat to choke on a donut is not cool. I totally understand why many people on the forum aren't fond of him after that outburst. That's completely uncalled for.

Tracy

Lloyd Danforth

I was going to bring donuts to Porcfest :(
Now I can't