• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

24 Hours of LeMons: NEW - Anti-Kabloom exhaust rule

Started by Pat McCotter, April 25, 2009, 07:48 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat McCotter

ANTI-KABLOOM EXHAUST RULE
In a perfect world, you wouldn't need to tell guys not to point their exhaust at their gas tank. I mean, I'd have thought that was right up there with "no shoulder harnesses made of piano wire" and "no one-handed skeet shooting while driving." But as further evidence (if any was needed) that LeMons teams can concoct bad ideas faster than we can devise prohibitions, some E30 lads managed just that in Carolina, with impressively boomy results.

Thus, I give you the two newest items in LeMons' Official Rulebook, Rules 3.24 and 3.25, both effective immediately. In a nutshell, 3.24 says your exhaust shouldn't fall the hell off or boil the gas in your tank; 3.25 says bring a floor jack to tech, because we wanna see if you read 3.24. They're currently listed in red on the Rules page.

Nasty. Brutish. Not Short Enough.

The crowd. The spectacle. The pall of blue smoke and roasted clutch discs. In all motorsport, no event captures the universal human need to whale on old crapcans and hoover down greasy barbecue like the 24 Hours of LeMons.

Each LeMons race is for cars purchased, fixed up, and track-prepped for a total of 500 dollars or less. But before reaching the grid, you'll have to survive trials like the Personal-Injury-Lawyer Anti-Slalom, the Marxist-Valet Parking Challenge, and the Wide Open Throttle Rodthrowapalooza. Twelve hours into the race, the car voted People's Choice is called in and awarded a cash prize; simultaneously, the car voted People's Curse is called in and summarily destroyed. At the end of 24 hours, a gala awards ceremony plies the survivors with trophies, plaques, and four-figure purses in canvas bags full of nickels. What's not to like?