• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Questions about Milford

Started by ....., April 26, 2009, 09:57 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

I wouldn't call milford a smallish town.
It is on a nice highway leading to Manchester ... or you can run the speedtrap on 101a towards nashua ... not a good place to commute to Concord ... Concord might also be cheaper
some places near milford are picture postcard perfect

doobie

Concord would probably require rt 13 to rt 77; averages between 35 and 55 mph. Google says 36 miles and an hour 18; or 101 to 293/93 (tolls) 38 miles, 50 minutes.

Riddler

It's a great town (born & raised) Downtown is pretty cool. Lots of restaurants
It's gotten a little too busy for me, over the years, but I'm comparing to growing up here in the 70's-80's
Manch. is 20 min.
Nashua is <15 min.
Concord is @ 40 min.
Supermarkets on either end of town
Target, Wallmart, Lowes, HDepot in next town over (Amherst) @ 5-10 min ride.
It's close to everything, and far better than living in a city.
Rents are @ 800 +/-

Humorrhoid

No public transport. If you got sick or something
happens to you & can't drive ,you'll be housebound.

At least Nashua has a bus. These buses tho are like flies
its so hard to catch them. So there you go the pros & cons of Milford.

liftsboxes

One of the guys I work with lives in Milford (or office is in ManchVegas) and he really likes it.  I would also suggest looking in Derry and Londonderry.

ny2nh

I never understand why anyone would want to move to Derry......unless you are looking for a decent public high school. The taxes are high and it's such a dumpy little town. I worked in Derry for well over a decade.....and I would never consider moving there....unless I wanted my kids to go to Pinkerton Academy.

liftsboxes

Quote from: ny2nh on July 02, 2009, 10:33 AM NHFT
I never understand why anyone would want to move to Derry......unless you are looking for a decent public high school. The taxes are high and it's such a dumpy little town. I worked in Derry for well over a decade.....and I would never consider moving there....unless I wanted my kids to go to Pinkerton Academy.

I'm not going to argue it's pictureque qualities, but we moved there and really like it.

cathleeninnh

Milford has conveniences like access to highways and towns with more conveniences. We were in Derry for almost 4 years for the same things, but it got to be too crowded for me. I fear the towns like Milford would soon be in the same boat.

Cathleen

Riddler

fuck that
we have a fucking bus
plus, nice people that would drive you anywhere, if the need arose

Riddler

milford HAS become overgrown, imo...because it WAS a great ''small town'', till too many fucking transplants moved in & ruined it...