• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Anyone need a software programmer/engineer?

Started by geoff, May 01, 2009, 07:56 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

geoff

I am trying to help my wife find employment in the software engineering/programming field somewhere in NH.  Basically she said she was willing to move for the fsp, then got real iffy about it, and now the bureaucrats at her work (she is a federal employee) have screwed her out of her promotion, so now she is mad and ready to get out of NJ to find a new job, and she has said she is willing to make the fsp move.  We were originally planning on moving summer of 2010 or 2011, but if she and I can get jobs (I am in the power plant/ nuclear engineering field) she will move asap.  So I really want this to happen.  I want to know if anyone in the NH freestate community has a business or company or works at one or knows of any that are looking for a software programmer.  I will put excerpts of her resume below. If anyone has anything available or is interested and wants the full resume, email me or pm me here.  My email is geoffbaxter3@yahoo.com.  I will also be at porcfest, but she won't.

EDUCATION:
B.S. MATHEMATICAL SCIENCES - May 2001 - UNIVERSITY OF DELAWARE, Newark, DE
Senior Programmer
•   Support development and coding (in Visual Basic) of sim stim lab for the LPD-17 class ships.   Created and lead test team to validate engineer control system lab and software.   
•   Update legacy MSCS (Magnetic Signature Control System) code to utilize latest communication architecture and software (C++ and RTI DDS).  Effort involved redesign, code, unit testing, and integration testing.
Senior Programmer Analyst
•   Support development and coding of space station simulation analysis tool for NASA.  Implement new space docking simulation code using QT, C++, and Gizmo.  Research and analyze algorithms involved in calculating robotic arm movement.  Identify best algorithm and code it into existing architecture. 
•    Redesign financial software to support a new aspect of business.  Adapt existing software and code new graphical user interface using QT.
•   Design, code (C++, OpenGL, and SQL), and test an interactive trip planner for NASA's research airplane.  Update existing simulation code to meet specifications for research experiments.

Atlas

Geoff, try keeping an eye on jobsinnh.com as they post scores of new jobs daily. I have definitely seen software/programming jobs there in the past. Other effective NH related job search engines are over at http://www.freestateproject.org/nhinfo/jobs. Good Luck.

Humorrhoid

I need someone for my inventions.
I have started a company. I cARE Dental Innovations .
I am an oral surgeon by profession
& I am developing products on
Implants Dentistry which is booming right now.
I have a product I developed ready for software. It is a self help tool kit that comes with a software.

There is nothing like this out there. I am working with the SCORE.

I also have a dental laboratory & research
studies on paralysis.

Check out my posts under my SN.  You can email me at
Lakambini19@yahoo.com.
I lived in Nashua NH for 16 yrs. Contact the NH SCORE or the SBA.