• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Rockin' Porcupines Need Apply

Started by sillygirl, May 02, 2009, 03:40 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

sillygirl

Hey All,
It's Amy here and am one of the many volunteers involved with the Porcupine Freedom Festival this year. My main focus is music and bands. Through many conversations with fellow porcupines, it has been agreed upon that the main purpose of the Festival is to recruit more liberty minded people to move to this lovely state. That being the case, I really want to showcase the talented musicians that are already involved in the Free State Project.
So here is my idea -- Friday night is my night and I want to have it as an open mike kinda thing. We should play for about 3 hours, starting at 7:30 pm. That way is some of the performers have kids or want to make it an early night, they can be accommodated. Each performer will play for 20 minutes with an approximate 10 minute intermission to set up and break down.
I would like all different types of music to be involved. Whether you are a soloist, in a group, acoustic or electric -- SING UP!! It doesn't matter either if you already live here or are just flying in to attend the Festival. I know there is a lot of talent out there and we need to showcase it. Soooo .......
Let the sign ups begin.
I will be posting on other forums so I will try to keep everyone up to date on the slots that are already filled. I would like to have communication from all involved.  I am happy to hear any suggestions or comments in regard to this subject. I can be reached either through the forum or via email at amyo68@hotmail.com

Thank you all very much and I look forward to some great music this year.

grasshopper

Well, how about bring your drums day or something????
  Aimy, this should be fun as I am laid off I might show up this year.
God bless you and yours
   Ed

sillygirl

I am sorry to hear that you are laid off but I am happy to hear that you may be able to make it to PorcFest this year. Feel free to bring any instrument that you like. There will be plenty of organic musical events happening all on their own. I hope I get to see you in a couple of weeks

Russell Kanning

didn't recognize your username

so how did the music go at porcfest?