• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Pros and cons of publishing my SSN# all over the web.

Started by thinkliberty, May 02, 2009, 10:27 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat McCotter

Why does everybody put the octothorpe after "SSN?" the "N" in "SSN" stands for number!

Lloyd Danforth

MTPorcupine3

Quote from: doobie on May 06, 2009, 03:46 AM NHFT
Anyone have a story of refusing to give a SSN to get a loan, mortgage, or a job and have a story on how they were successful...

When I still "owned" a house in Montana I had a boarder who was a non-trad student at the UM. He was seeking financial assistance from a state agency who wanted information about his landlord. One thing they wanted to know was [my] SSN. I called to challenge that particular request.

The agent I talked to was polite as he tried to explain why it was necessary, required, etc., for me to furnish a SSN even though I was not the individual seeking financial assistance. I asked him if he'd ever heard of Title 5 U.S.C. 552 Privacy Act of 1974 (see http://www.stanley2002.org/form-privacyact.htm for a sample). He said no. I asked if he had a fax number I could send a copy to. He gave me the number. I drafted up a copy within a couple of minutes and faxed it to the agency.

A few days later my boarder had his cheque.

Meanwhile I have managed to survive outside the system without any Slave Surveillance Number or contract with the Infernal Revenue Service. Legally, of course.

doobie

Quote from: MTPorcupine3 on May 06, 2009, 12:24 PM NHFT
Quote from: doobie on May 06, 2009, 03:46 AM NHFT
Anyone have a story of refusing to give a SSN to get a loan, mortgage, or a job and have a story on how they were successful...

When I still "owned" a house in Montana I had a boarder who was a non-trad student at the UM. He was seeking financial assistance from a state agency who wanted information about his landlord. One thing they wanted to know was [my] SSN. I called to challenge that particular request.

The agent I talked to was polite as he tried to explain why it was necessary, required, etc., for me to furnish a SSN even though I was not the individual seeking financial assistance. I asked him if he'd ever heard of Title 5 U.S.C. 552 Privacy Act of 1974 (see http://www.stanley2002.org/form-privacyact.htm for a sample). He said no. I asked if he had a fax number I could send a copy to. He gave me the number. I drafted up a copy within a couple of minutes and faxed it to the agency.

A few days later my boarder had his cheque.

Meanwhile I have managed to survive outside the system without any Slave Surveillance Number or contract with the Infernal Revenue Service. Legally, of course.

I wonder if one could use that to obtain a loan or mortgage?

Keyser Soce

http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/

Lee J. Dorsey
2175 Brannon Avenue
Mandarin, FL 32223

Email Address: LeeJDorsey@text2re.com

Phone: 904-840-8903
Mother's maiden name: Rodriguez
Birthday: December 5, 1981

MasterCard: 5484 9367 2434 5870
Expires: 4/2012

SSN: 265-45-4607

John Edward Mercier

The card isn't the actual account.
Its like cutting up your credit card... the account is still active.

Keyser Soce

Quote from: John Edward Mercier on May 18, 2009, 08:41 AM NHFT
The card isn't the actual account.
Its like cutting up your credit card... the account is still active.

The act of burning the card is symbolic. The act of publishing the number is more than that.