• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Screen Printing / Bumper Stickers

Started by cxxguy, May 03, 2009, 12:08 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

cxxguy

It seems that one can get professional screen printing equipment for about $5000-$10000.  I am thinking that this would be an interesting business to run in the Free State.

We could retail T-Shirts, and also produce for things like PorcFest and Liberty Forumn.

Also, one thing that few people are prepared for is the possibility that in a complete economic collapse, T-Shirts would be hard to come by.  We need a local source so as not to be immobilized by T-Shirt Withdrawal.

Any thoughts on this?

doobie

Look for used, I bet you can find them for 2500 or less.

KBCraig

A lot of people have gotten into that business and then sold their stuff for cheap. If you know what you're doing, and know what to look for, used would be great.

Lloyd Danforth

There are already a lot of people doing this.  I don't see it as a good business in a recession.

AntonLee

I work at a screenprinting business, and business is down.  We had to stop selling shirts at Wal-Mart for $3.32 and cut our prices to $3.00 a shirt.  We ate the .32 cents per shirt profit just to keep a contract with them. 

It's not just some easy business, stuff costs a lot of money.  I would say that having iron on transfers made for .50-$1.00 each (100's) and getting an iron press would be the way to go.  Start small and work up.  Silk screening is cool and profitable OVER time. . . but the initial set up costs are enormous.