• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Mike Ruff/Miller Travis Open Carry Incident

Started by Kat Kanning, May 05, 2009, 12:05 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Management at Valley St. Stop and Shop apparently called police on Mike Ruff and Miller Travis who were open carrying.  4 Manchester police took them out of the store.

Kat Kanning

Mike Ruff said the police told them the Stop and Shop management didn't want open carry there.  Ruff said they were allowed to go their way after they were removed from the store.

djbridgeland

Hmm is that the individual store's policy or is that corporate policy?  I know I have seen some people open carry at Hannaford's on Hanover, if anyone wants to boycott the Valley St. Stop and Shop. 

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: djbridgeland on May 05, 2009, 12:35 PM NHFT
Hmm is that the individual store's policy or is that corporate policy?  I know I have seen some people open carry at Hannaford's on Hanover, if anyone wants to boycott the Valley St. Stop and Shop. 

The best thing to do would be to call the store and corporate and ask both of them for their policy.  If calls don't work - email with snail mail as another option.

I guess boycotting in the meantime wouldn't hurt. 

If it turns out that this is truly an anti-freedom store or company, it should be added to the Don't Patronize website.

AntonLee

written:

I'm curious to your open carry policy.  I'm a regular customer at both your Amesbury, MA and Exeter, NH stores.  I've heard through a friend of mine that you disallow peaceful citizens from open carrying a firearm in a safe manner from your stores. 

I would hope that this is not your corporate policy, but a policy of a specific store in Keene, NH.  As you might know, the State of NH allows for open carrying of a firearm in a safe manner for any reason including personal protection. , myself, open carry a firearm in a very safe manner and also do so in your stores.  I would like to know your policy towards such peaceful people such as myself so that I might not violate your property rights by doing so.  I will continue to open carry, I just will respect your company and not do it at your stores.

If my information is in error, please feel free to contact me and correct me as I'm sure you do not want to lose customers over such instances.

Sincerely,

Tony Jankowski

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: AntonLee on May 05, 2009, 02:05 PM NHFT

I would hope that this is not your corporate policy, but a policy of a specific store in Keene, NH. 

Good letter but there isn't a store in Keene.  You meant Manchester, NH.

Ogre

Strange they would call the police. I wonder if or why they didn't just ask them to leave.

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Ogre on May 05, 2009, 02:22 PM NHFT
Strange they would call the police. I wonder if or why they didn't just ask them to leave.

Just what I was wondering.

AntonLee

doobie

Quote from: Ogre on May 05, 2009, 02:22 PM NHFT

Probably didn't want to confront them.  It is easier to send the Jack Booted Thugs to take care of business.

If you write letters/call asking about it...remember LAWFULLY open carrying...  make sure you say it is LAWFUL.

littlehawk

IMO a business owner or property owner (ie their house) has the right to make his or her rules.

If an owner doesn't want people in his home (or business) carrying loaded weapons, thats his call. Those folks can either disarm themselves or leave. It seems pretty simple and straight forward to me.

As I said before, I think open carrying (in public) is a bad choice. And furthermore its my strong opinion that one does not need a CCL to carry concealed.

Littlehawk

Free libertarian

Alex Free Market, while I agree with you it's shitty that the cops were called I don't agree that a window smashing achieves anything positive but the momentary feeling of vengeance.  It could even be used as justification by somebody to rationalize why cops were needed..."see how those thugs behave, chucked a rock through my window..."     

I'm proposing it may be better to have those harmed address the store manager politely but directly and convince him/her that talking face to face is good way to resolve things, that the cops needn't have been involved.  I would say you catch more flies with honey than vinegar but then somebody would argue that point and bring up a study on how shit catches more flies. 

So I will instead suggest using the force wisely.  Avoid confrontation and teach if there is an opportunity.  Or as Granny used to say two wrongs don't make a right.  Just my .02.   

littlehawk

So what if the owner called the cops? But throwing a rock through the window?? C'mon man. Thats childish and just plain wrong.  The owner can do as he pleases. The "open-carry" patrons will avoid going there for service. Again its pretty simple.

Littlehawk

anthonybpugh

Alex Free Market,   Have you ever considered therapy?