• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Visiting Day at the gulag

Started by TackleTheWorld, April 29, 2009, 10:18 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

penguinsscareme

I'm going up tonight from Ashuelot.  Anyone need transportation?

Sam A. Robrin

Lumpy and I will be heading that way, and may have more room for another.  We should try to get there as close to 7:00 as possible, but when told that the maximum number of visitors has been reached, challenge it--as was done last week--and it'll turn out that he "was misinformed" (i.e., making up the rules impromptu just to enjoy our reactions . . .).

penguinsscareme

WTF???
I just called to confirm Sam's visiting hours.
They don't have a Sam Dodson.  They haven't released anyone by that name, either.  So...he vanished?
They do have a Sam Miller.  He is on a hunger strike.  His visiting hours are Thursday from 7-9 and Sunday from I blanked out and didn't catch that part.
Someone else should call to test this for repeatability of results and post back their findings with all haste.

Who the hell is Sam Miller?

Fluff and Stuff

Sam A. Robrin

I phoned to confirm that "Sam Miller" was the same person.  Spoke with "Officer Wheeler," who told me that he'd been moved to a different day room, and confirmed that new visiting hours were THURSDAYs from 7-9. 

penguinsscareme

penguinsscareme

I just got back from the prison.  Yup, he's listed as Sam Miller, although they know who you're talking about if you ask for Sam Dodson.  Once again the officer stated that his visiting hours are tomorrow, Thursday, from 7-9 p.m.
I was partly inclined to press the guy behind the glass for information as to why his name has changed and would it be changing again.  But I reckon it's more expedient not to piss them off at this point as it could screw up the visiting hours again, and anything we do from the outside to antagonize them, they might take it out on Sam.

Nevertheless, there's something fishy going on here, and I don't think it's the chicken.

Fluff and Stuff

I just got back from the gulag.  6 of us went and at least 5 of us were really interested in talking with Sam.  We thought we were going to have an hour but we only had 30 min. to talk to him so someone didn't get to talk to Sam :(

The people who came 10 minutes after we got there got to see the person they came to visit 5 minutes before we got to see Sam so they had 35 min. to visit.  It doesn't seem to make any sense.

Russell Kanning

n/a

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on April 29, 2009, 10:18 AM NHFT
This Wednesday Thursday evening from 7-9, people can visit Sam at the "Cheshire County Complex"  for a half-hour.
Or on Sunday Saturday Sunday afternoon morning from 10-11 for an hour.
Of course there are a few requirements* of the jailers: 

• you have ask permission to enter 
  • you have to have a state-issued ID
  • you have to let them copy all the info on the ID to their log book
  • you have to let jailers keep your ID while you are visiting Sam
  • you have to leave behind your camera
  • you cant bring out your cell phone
  • you can't actually see Sam under normal conditions
  • you must talk to Sam through a phone
  • the phone is subject to recording by the jailers
  • anyhthing you talk about will be considered conspiracy
  • you can't actally see Sam clearly as he is kept behind a clear wall
  • you can't bring Sam anything, even though he is starving for food and information.
  • you will be locked behind two doors that you can't open.
* all requirements are changable according to the moods of the jailers.

Jail info - 603-399-7794
160 River Rd, Westmoreland, NH

*i don't mean to make light of the situation, cause i really do feel for sam and send nothing but good wishes and thanks his way, but...*

gee, you make it sound so fantastically wonderful and inviting, how could anyone NOT wanna visit ;)

joking aside though, i would love to show my support, but i'm without a car or the smallest knowledge of even where to look up the public transportation options. so without a manchester to keene and back ride along, i'm a bit useless :( 

but i make kick ass signs.  inappropriately placed glitter and pictures of kitties on protest signs can make even the hardest jail thug crack a smile.  (then get made fun of for being a pansy)

TackleTheWorld

Yeah, you're right, the invitation is without peppiness.  I hate it there.  Let someone else sugar-coat it. 

But you have kitty pictures?  Srsly?

Hey, anyone from Manchester or parts east coming to Keene on Sunday?

n/a

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on May 08, 2009, 09:22 AM NHFT
Yeah, you're right, the invitation is without peppiness.  I hate it there.  Let someone else sugar-coat it. 

But you have kitty pictures?  Srsly?

Hey, anyone from Manchester or parts east coming to Keene on Sunday?

kitty stress relief, courtesy of naboo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9Hwn2DOgKo

Sam A. Robrin

I have a pretty much open invitation to come over and make signs, so if you can manage the ride, please do.

n/a

anyone from manchester or going through manchester heading to the jail tomorrow morning and has an open seat?

Russell Kanning

imagining using public transportation to get to the cheshire co jail .... only one way ... in a cop car ;)