• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Friday's Freehold

Started by Friday, May 05, 2009, 07:48 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

Also.  Her house is real nice as are the grounds.  Lots of folks showed up to help her.  JJ grilled some excellent meat.
It was good to see all the folks again, even so soon after PF & BP.

Friday

Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 18, 2009, 11:03 AM NHFT
sandy lives a charmed life .... no rain today
Actually, it was raining when I went to pick up the truck, but it stopped before I actually started driving it.   :sunny:

Friday

Thanks soooooo much to everyone who came out to help me move and christen my new home with beer.  What a great day!!  :occasion14: :home:

Tom Sawyer

We owe you some work time... we got there in time to eat, and drink. ;D

Becky drank one for Pat K.

Nice house and good to see everyone. :)

Pat K

Glad it all went well.

Miss you all.

Thanks Becky!

Friday

Officer Friendly left a note on my car, which I parked overnight near the U-Haul office, that it has been "observed".  No reference to any law being violated, time limit on where I parked, etc....just checkboxes for "TOWED BY:", "Abandoned", "Stolen", etc.  Thank you, Officer Friendly!   :)

KBCraig

Quote from: Friday on July 19, 2009, 03:23 PM NHFT
Officer Friendly left a note on my car, which I parked overnight near the U-Haul office, that it has been "observed".  No reference to any law being violated, time limit on where I parked, etc....just checkboxes for "TOWED BY:", "Abandoned", "Stolen", etc.  Thank you, Officer Friendly!   :)

This is all to assure you that He Is Looking Out for your property. Similar to the "we checked your doors" notices we would find stuffed in our locks when I worked retail.

Rest assured, there were no ulterior motives, and Officer Friendly didn't run your license plates, check your registration/inspection stickers, or peer through your windows. And if he did, it was All For Your Safety.

/sarcasm ::)

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

that probably wouldn't happen in weare

I agree with Tom Sawyer ... a bunch of us would be willing to do a morning of good yard work and an afternoon of swillin' beer and making jokes at each other as we do a slip-shod job in the afternoon. He mentioned that if you ordered a truckload of mulch we could mow, weed, and spread mulch to cut down on the maintenance around all those trees. Kat could bring veggies from the garden for lunch.

Friday

Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 20, 2009, 07:25 AM NHFT

I agree with Tom Sawyer ... a bunch of us would be willing to do a morning of good yard work and an afternoon of swillin' beer and making jokes at each other as we do a slip-shod job in the afternoon. He mentioned that if you ordered a truckload of mulch we could mow, weed, and spread mulch to cut down on the maintenance around all those trees. Kat could bring veggies from the garden for lunch.
Thank you for offering.  I'll have to see if that fits in my budget.  Moving is expensive, and things like the septic system (which needs cleaning) and the water heater (which needs replacing) take priority over the garden, as lovely as it is.   :flower: 

Pat McCotter

Quote from: Friday on July 20, 2009, 12:26 PM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 20, 2009, 07:25 AM NHFT

Thank you for offering.  I'll have to see if that fits in my budget.  Moving is expensive, and things like the septic system (which needs cleaning) and the water heater (which needs replacing) take priority over the garden, as lovely as it is.   :flower: 

She's going to neglect the plants!!!!!!!! Call in SWAT! Money for people before money for vegetation?!?!? What is the world coming to? :'(

Russell Kanning

well ... if you cut out the pile of mulch from the idea (which is not expensive) ... it becomes basically free
you did know we were offering to help for one morning for free .... right?

Friday

Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 21, 2009, 08:06 AM NHFT
well ... if you cut out the pile of mulch from the idea (which is not expensive) ... it becomes basically free
you did know we were offering to help for one morning for free .... right?

Actually, what you said is you'd do it in exchange for beer... you do know that feeding and watering a horde of people isn't free... right?   ;)

Russell Kanning

Tom Sawyer

That Kanning fella sure can drink alot of beer!