• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

What could the real reason be?

Started by Lloyd Danforth, July 20, 2009, 08:33 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

http://www.seacoastonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090720/NEWS/907200319/-1/NEWSMAP

N.H. jail windows to be painted to protect public
July 20, 2009 6:00 AM

DOVER (AP) — The windows at a New Hampshire jail will be painted over to protect the public from witnessing lewd behavior by inmates.

Officials at the Strafford County jail had considered installing tinted windows after a parent complained that his toddler daughter saw an inmate exposing himself. The girl was across the street from the jail, adopting a kitten from the Cocheco Valley Humane Society.

The New Hampshire Sunday News says rather than spending $3,400 per window to tint them, the county will use inmates to paint the windows at no cost to taxpayers.

AntonLee

a non-liberty former felon who was at that place actually mentioned this story to me today.  She wondered how a little girl could possibly see someone in a window (any window) from as far away as that adoption center is.  She thought it was a bs story herself.  She said that she could barely see people from the outside of the building even if she was standing directly outside.

are they not watching the inmates?  Is there so much to do they don't notice some ass pulling his dank out at the window?

this isn't for the protection of people on the outside, it's so inmates can't see what's outside.

Ogre

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on July 20, 2009, 08:33 PM NHFT
The New Hampshire Sunday News says rather than spending $3,400 per window to tint them, the county will use inmates to paint the windows at no cost to taxpayers.

I'm wondering where they get their free paint, paintbrushes, cleaning materials, and other associated painting equipment.

And I also wonder what they would do, should all inmates simply refuse to paint.

Russell Kanning

also seems to me that center was too far away to see into the windows very well ... i also don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't like to see indecent behavior

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 21, 2009, 08:38 AM NHFT
i also don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't like to see indecent behavior

LOL  ;D

John

The reason that they give is CLEARLY BS. Just check out the winds there . . .

If a parent actually reported a toddler seeing something like this, I'd guess that there is something quite wrong with the parent.

I'll bet the animals who run the prison-industrial-complex love the idea though.

Pat K

Quote from: Kat Kanning on July 21, 2009, 08:59 AM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 21, 2009, 08:38 AM NHFT
i also don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't like to see indecent behavior

LOL  ;D

Oh I nominate  that as best one liner of the month! ;D

Kat Kanning