• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Lord of the Rings Online

Started by dalebert, May 10, 2009, 01:05 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

I'm partaking of a free trial right now. They're advertising just $10 a month for the full version, though I think there's an expansion ppl will probably want. Enjoying it but not sure if I like it enough to pay for it yet. It might be easier to tell if I could play with some others via the trial version. My character is a hobbit burglar named Keeneric and I'm on Meneldor server, or something like that. It's one of the two servers that they're recommending to new players right now.

dalebert

*crickets*

You call yourself nerds! Pfft!

thinkliberty

Ok I will comment.

People that win at MMORPG's lose at life.

I don't understand why people pay a monthly fee to waste 100's of hours of their life.

Ride a bike, go for a walk, play an instrument, make some art/electronics/jewlery.etc.  -- something that does more than just kill time clicking random objects on a computer screen. 

Moebius Tripp

I'd like to create a mmorpg.  It can't really replace paper/dice live rpg in a liberty setting, but I have enjoyed my time playing some mmorpgs, and it's never become an addiction.

I'm currently teaching myself Java, and have extensive experience with paper/dice games.  Many years ago I coded in assembler, c, and c++, so it shouldn't take too long to get up to speed with Java. (I hope)(My mind is like a steel trap.  A little rusty, some teeth missing, but a steel trap, none the less)

K. Darien Freeheart

QuoteRide a bike, go for a walk, play an instrument, make some art/electronics/jewlery.etc.  -- something that does more than just kill time clicking random objects on a computer screen.

It sounds an aweful lot like you're saying drinking Kool-Aid is a waste of time because he doesn't like the flavor you do.

The point of ALL of those things is fun, and if it works, it works.

QuoteEnjoying it but not sure if I like it enough to pay for it yet.

Can you setup a private server? I personally found that I rather enjoyed playing.. another... MMORPG on private, commercial servers. The atmoshphere was more what I was into. It's also usually cheaper than the retail servers.

dalebert

Quote from: Kevin Dean on May 12, 2009, 04:19 PM NHFT
Can you setup a private server? I personally found that I rather enjoyed playing.. another... MMORPG on private, commercial servers. The atmoshphere was more what I was into. It's also usually cheaper than the retail servers.

I tried private servers for WoW that were free to play on and they were buggy as well, so much so that it seemed kind of pointless. I don't know if anyone has tried to hack this game and do something similar or not.